Old 04-17-2022, 07:27 AM
Par Member

Niced 71 Times in 44 Posts

Forgot about the FD... I tried one of the new C-lines as well. It sits between the Teebird3 and the Crave and if I put some power behind it it would have some turn, but not as much as the Crave. Stability and flight is fine but it doesn't feel nearly as good in my hand as the Crave or the Teebird3. Need some more time with it but it most likely won't be in the bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2022, 02:47 AM
Par Member

These are the discs I own or have coming and which slots they audition for atm. I want options that fill each slot right out of the box but a few slots will be filled by beat in discs from a more overstable slot. Discs that basically have sealed a spot already is in cursive.

PUTTERS
Understable - K1/K3 Reko
Straight/Neutral - Electron Envy
Moderately Overstable - Eclipse Envy
Really Overstable - Zone

MIDS
Understable - Fuse / Uplink
Straight/Neutral - Buzzz / Hex
Moderately Overstable - Reactor
Really Overstable - Mutant / Pyro

FAIRWAY
Understable - Relay
Straight/Neutral - Crave / FD / Teebird3
Moderately Overstable - Felon / Anax / Vulture / Thunderbird
Really Overstable - Flare / Splice / Firebird

DISTANCE
Understable - Bolt
Straight/Neutral - Wraith / Enigma / Trace
Moderately Overstable - Destroyer
Really Overstable - Adder

Last edited by auzcar; 04-18-2022 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:12 AM
Par Member

I've felt like my Craves and my Undertakers flies pretty close to each other in terms of speed and measured the rims of both molds (sample size of four each). The Undertakers averaged at 17.9mm and the Craves at 17.71mm.

Undertaker is rated speed 9 and Crave 6.5... it just shows you how differently the manufacturers rates the flight numbers on their discs. I'd probably rated them both at 7.5 for whatever that's worth.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:03 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzcar View Post
I've felt like my Craves and my Undertakers flies pretty close to each other in terms of speed and measured the rims of both molds (sample size of four each). The Undertakers averaged at 17.9mm and the Craves at 17.71mm.

Undertaker is rated speed 9 and Crave 6.5... it just shows you how differently the manufacturers rates the flight numbers on their discs. I'd probably rated them both at 7.5 for whatever that's worth.
That’s interesting, I feel like Craves feel slower/smaller to me. I recently pulled the Undertaker from my bag for an OLF/Crave combo and it may just be mental, but the Crave feels more controllable. Maybe it’s the lower shoulder/depth playing tricks on my brain.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:10 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriens95 View Post
That’s interesting, I feel like Craves feel slower/smaller to me. I recently pulled the Undertaker from my bag for an OLF/Crave combo and it may just be mental, but the Crave feels more controllable. Maybe it’s the lower shoulder/depth playing tricks on my brain.
I do agree that the Crave feels a bit slimmer in the hand, what causes that I'm not sure of though. I haven't measured the depth etc but the lower shoulder would be my bet, the Crave is pretty low profile all the way from the nose.

I also find the Crave more controllable, I have more trouble anticipating how much the Undertaker will turn and fade.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-26-2022, 06:35 AM
Par Member

The snow has been melting like crazy and I have been able to log a few rounds with decent footing. A pretty clear pattern is emerging already as to what discs/slots I lean on and which discs I almost never throw, but I want to log at least 10 rounds each on my two home courses before I start putting some results together. And also before I start thinking about removing discs/slots from the setup.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Par Member

Note to self: Field work is the t*ts when testing discs and setting up your bag. I take way to many decisions on what to bag when I'm on the course, or even at home. It's distracting when you're trying to hit a target on the course. If you have a bad release or simply have your aim off you start doubting the disc, it's better to just hit the field, throw and see if the disc fly the line you're looking for.
Old 05-07-2022, 06:13 AM
Par Member

Starting to feel pretty good about my bag atm, there's a couple of slots I'm not sure about but all in all pretty happy so far.

Keystone

Electron Envy
Eclipse Envy
Zone

***Uplink or Fuse
Hex
Eclipse Reactor
***Justice or Mutant

Essence (rollers)
Crave
Teebird3
***Felon or Anax
Firebird
Flare

Wraith x2
Destroyer x4
Adder

I'm gonna do a full field session next week and throw the whole bag multiple times, I'll also try some different options in the slots I'm unsure about (marked ***).
Old 05-20-2022, 07:29 AM
Par Member

I'v kept my bag the same for two weeks now, that's probably a personal best

On another note, I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with my Eclipse Envy's. Just the right amount of stability and torque resistance to trust on every angle, even at full power.

Old 05-23-2022, 12:37 AM
Par Member

Had my worst ever showing in a local tournament where my weaknesses really shined. Had 14 putts after the first five holes in the last round, including a 20 foot birdie putt that turned into a five putt and a triple bogey. I finished the round with one five putt, two four putts and I think three three putts...

The first two rou ds were horrible as well on the putting green, just not to the same extent, but I missed 7 birdie putts from circles edge-ish in round one.

My putting is the reason I don't play many tournaments, it's just no fun. I feel like my driving is at 950-975 but my putting is at 815 level...