Old 07-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Par Member

Niced 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
How does it compare to the Sling?
For me (noodle arm), it was quite a bit more OS than the sling. I can keep my sling straight, or finish right if I throw it hard. I was not able to keep the pine straight nearly as long, and it would always finish left for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 83
Niced 308 Times in 207 Posts

The profile and feel in the hand is very similar to the Sling. It is basically an OS compliment to the Sling.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 31 Times in 23 Posts

Sling is dead straight for me. I guess I can see a place for sometning between Bard on one side, and Warship/Sling on the other. Compass-like perhaps.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 90 Times in 63 Posts
Default Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Sling is dead straight for me. I guess I can see a place for sometning between Bard on one side, and Warship/Sling on the other. Compass-like perhaps.

Now that you mentioned it, it feels very similar to a compass I had a while back. Although the compass I had was pretty flat and in gold line and the Pine is opto(? Not familiar with westide but Trilogy so same thing I assume) and has a bit of a dome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2017, 01:22 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I like my Pine, Pretty easy to hyzer flip to get a nice straight shot that glides for days & still gets a good fade at the end! Definitely one of my longer flying Mids, however like stated it does not like the wind turns over very easy in windy conditions.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts

Did some testing today with the Pine and compared it to Bard, Warship, Verdict, Truth, Compass (all in VIP/opto/Lucid/moonshine(Truth) and 176g-178g). Conditions were nice, just a gentle breeze.

Rating HST from 0-10 (0=most turn):
- Warship: 0
- Compass: 2
- Truth: 5
- Verdict: 7
- Pine: 8
- Bard: 10

Rating LSF 0-10 (10=most fade)
- Warship: 3
- Truth: 4
- Verdict: 9
- Pine: 7
- Bard 7

Longest throws came from the Truth and Warship - average measured distance was 90m. Throwing them 70% the Verdict Bard and Pine were more or less meat hooks, the Truth goes fairly straight with a gentle fade at the end. The Compass flies damn straight. The Warship does a slight S curve.

I tried to put them all on the same anhyzer line, the Bard and Pine didn't like that too much, the Verdict accepted it somehow but landed almost in the same spot with a strong fade. The Truth and Compass managed a slight fade at the end although the Compass turned a bit more. The Warship never came back at all.

What stood out: The Pine is a lot more like a Bard than I expected and the Compass turns a lot more than I expected (maybe that is why he never made it in my bag), can fly very straight lines though with almost no fade at the end.

The Compass and Pine look very similar, similar rim and rounded shoulder. Maybe my Compass is a freak?

I might stick to the Bard as my main mid, just got a BT Bard as well. Especially since Ricky signed my Pine and I'm not ready to loose that disc just yet.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 21
Niced 90 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomte View Post
Did some testing today with the Pine and compared it to Bard, Warship, Verdict, Truth, Compass (all in VIP/opto/Lucid/moonshine(Truth) and 176g-178g). Conditions were nice, just a gentle breeze.

- Bard 7

Longest throws came from the Truth and Warship - average measured distance was 90m. Throwing them 70% the Verdict Bard and Pine were more or less meat hooks, the Truth goes fairly straight with a gentle fade at the end. The Compass flies damn straight. The Warship does a slight S curve.

I tried to put them all on the same anhyzer line, the Bard and Pine didn't like that too much, the Verdict accepted it somehow but landed almost in the same spot with a strong fade. The Truth and Compass managed a slight fade at the end although the Compass turned a bit more. The Warship never came back at all.

What stood out: The Pine is a lot more like a Bard than I expected and the Compass turns a lot more than I expected (maybe that is why he never made it in my bag), can fly very straight lines though with almost no fade at the end.

The Compass and Pine look very similar, similar rim and rounded shoulder. Maybe my Compass is a freak?

I might stick to the Bard as my main mid, just got a BT Bard as well. Especially since Ricky signed my Pine and I'm not ready to loose that disc just yet.

Those is some in depth numbers. Seems accurate now that I've thrown the Pine more. Mine may be a freak too tho, I checked the PLH and I've never seen one so high. Damn near the top of the flight plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2017, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 42
Niced 238 Times in 174 Posts

Tomte, what a great post
Old 07-16-2017, 03:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 83
Niced 308 Times in 207 Posts

Indeed. That's a solid comparison. I've thrown all of those discs a fair amount (except for the Pine because it's so new) and I think he pretty much nailed it.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 4
Niced 64 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomte View Post

- Bard 7

I was about to post the opposite in comparison to the compass. Isn't the Compass very HSS? While the pine have a US touch like the Buzzz? To me it flies like a Buzzz with more fade. Nice disc.

Hosted a challenge yesterday and the second round I scored as well as I usually do with full bag...