Old 02-19-2019, 05:51 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 162 Times in 103 Posts

Tracker is like an eagle or a more OS undertaker. Although you thought new players throwing star destroyers was bad... I feel sorry for all the new fanboys that will be trying to grunt max weight Z forces over. Yikes.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 02-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 32 Times in 20 Posts

I don’t know if this was already established, but that’s definitely a roach Paul is using for his straight up shots.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 354 Times in 186 Posts

Any one else notice how in tune with discraft eagle was? Seemed pretty interesting to me....
Old 02-19-2019, 08:33 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Any one else notice how in tune with discraft eagle was? Seemed pretty interesting to me....
He mentioned that he used to throw all Discraft. Also, just in general, seemed like a big focus on disc selection from the commentary. With Discraft sponsoring and the content creators knowing what interests viewers, it makes sense
Old 02-19-2019, 09:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 99 Times in 52 Posts

Yeah, honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Eagle was guesting on commentary and he knew exactly what kind of content people were looking for. He also happened to be in the unique position to offer some more insight on the topic being on good terms with Paul and being on his card. He simply was leaning into that for his commentary, and we all obviously enjoyed it. Doesn't mean he's lusting after Discraft plastic. I'm sure he would have had every opportunity to jump teams had he wanted to, but he signed an extension instead. He's obviously happy where he is at.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 542 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
Yeah, honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Eagle was guesting on commentary and he knew exactly what kind of content people were looking for. He also happened to be in the unique position to offer some more insight on the topic being on good terms with Paul and being on his card. He simply was leaning into that for his commentary, and we all obviously enjoyed it. Doesn't mean he's lusting after Discraft plastic. I'm sure he would have had every opportunity to jump teams had he wanted to, but he signed an extension instead. He's obviously happy where he is at.
Maybe he is even happier knowing that some possibility of the Swedish Trilogy variations of Discraft discs might be made in the future for Discmania, like a version of the Zone in a Harp like disc, a Truth variant, Truth is like a Buzz type, disc a Judge like disc knowing that the Judge is a variant on the Challenger mold. Basically knowing that Eric Mc.Cabe was Discraft Sponsored and he would want to make discs that are like modifications on Discraft discs just to avoid copying discs from one of the biggest Manufactures of discs.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:51 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 271 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I wonder how long it will take for Discraft to recoup all the $ they've spent on their 2019 team. I'm certain in the long the run the investment is worth it. A lot of am's choose discs based on top player endorsements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I'm quite sure the courses will soon be filled by McWannabes throwing Forces, Zones, Buzzzes, Trackers etc...
Just a few months ago if you suggested a zone, you'd hear crickets or "nah I wanna try a harp."
Really surprising to me how much more active the discraft threads have been since mcbeth change.
I mean, it's not like Discraft made bad discs previously.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Just a few months ago if you suggested a zone, you'd hear crickets or "nah I wanna try a harp."
Really surprising to me how much more active the discraft threads have been since mcbeth change.
Discraft other then discontinuing discs permanently and not making some molds in plastics that everybody else wants has been making discs consistent year after year baring that a plastic type is still available or plastic type is still the same, the discs will fly the same year after year day after day.

I have to say other then one high speed mold OOP Machete and Impact, the discs mold are consistent year after year day after day. Those two molds did not mold up that well from run to run according to a cousin for Machete and me for the Impact, the 170-174 grams both weight sets the disc flew how Discraft wanted it from the get go others outside that range past 176 grams and below 169 grams did not fly how Discraft intended the mold to fly.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 02-19-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Prior to Dynamic Discs making its own discs, players would love Discraft for its discs especially for Eric McCabe who I found to be a half as abrasive Johnny McCray when Eric did his interviews for Discraft. Both of who used to be sponsored by Discraft. When Eric moved to making his own discs it seemed everybody who was a Eric fan moved with him to Dynamic Discs. Also somehow Eric seemed happier making his own molds of discs.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 687 Times in 386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
He mentioned that he used to throw all Discraft. Also, just in general, seemed like a big focus on disc selection from the commentary. With Discraft sponsoring and the content creators knowing what interests viewers, it makes sense
This was awesome commentary. Jomez, take note.