Old 11-24-2021, 12:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.3
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,569 Times in 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
do you feel like the paradox and uplink can coexist in the same bag or would that be too much overlap?
Well with a 165 paradox and a 176 uplink I can probably do it.. The uplink sits right in the middle, think seasoned hex if that's possible with low to zero fade. I actually get less fade on the uplink but that's more in how I throw it. I can throw it flat pretty much on tangent/axis lines, it will ride a tiny gentle anny and stretch an exceptionally straight line. The paradox is a lot more guesstimation on turn vs fade.

The uplink slays it on the straight and single turn lines, it's like a broken in D buzzz/ theory or seasoned Comet with less loft. Throws so easy. Paradox does goofy fun stuff, more hyzer flip. Closest thing I've ever thrown to a paradox is like a gumbputt or a lid.. But it has some fade.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 11-24-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,385 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
Talk to me about wide-angle nose high anny escape shots. Been happy with Tursas, heck even Envy. I wouldn't mind something that covers a *ton* of lateral ground within about 100-150' (when FH is impossible and obstacles dictate that only out is ~30° off target.
Recycled Plastic Tursas, my friend

Or if you can buy in person, find the flattest Tursas possible. Flatter = less stable in that mold.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 140 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well with a 165 paradox and a 176 uplink I can probably do it.. The uplink sits right in the middle, think seasoned hex if that's possible with low to zero fade. I actually get less fade on the uplink but that's more in how I throw it. I can throw it flat pretty much on tangent/axis lines, it will ride a tiny gentle anny and stretch an exceptionally straight line. The paradox is a lot more guesstimation on turn vs fade.

The uplink slays it on the straight and single turn lines, it's like a broken in D buzzz/ theory or seasoned Comet with less loft. Throws so easy. Paradox does goofy fun stuff, more hyzer flip. Closest thing I've ever thrown to a paradox is like a gumbputt or a lid.. But it has some fade.
I'm just a bit mad at you (sarcasm), I had to go buy a box now. Got my uplink waiting to go for tomorrow's Thanksgiving round. More than anything I am super excited.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 113 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
do you feel like the paradox and uplink can coexist in the same bag or would that be too much overlap?
Absolutely! They're reasonably different discs in my throws with them.

For me, the Paradox turns right and keeps turning almost no matter how softly I throw it. Even the lightest (realistic) throw doesn't fade back.

On the other hand, I really have to blast the Uplink to not have it fade back. It doesn't come back hard, but it will fade slightly to the left unless it's really given some snap.

Between the two I can cover a wide range of US shots and arm speeds. My plan is to use the Paradox for shots that I want to make gradual, but extended right turns and for straight shots in restricted spaces where I can't get much on the disc. The Uplink will be more of a S-curve carver in the woods where I want shots to finish slightly left after moving right for a bit. There's a little overlap, but not as much as I expected from the flight numbers.

One last point: Take my input on this with a grain of salt. I LOVE utility type discs and have managed to justify carrying a Zone, Stego, Tilt and Raptor to cover any possible utility shot on the OS end of the spectrum. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have useful US counterparts to those discs to play with.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-24-2021, 12:56 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 284 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
One last point: Take my input on this with a grain of salt. I LOVE utility type discs and have managed to justify carrying a Zone, Stego, Tilt and Raptor to cover any possible utility shot on the OS end of the spectrum. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have useful US counterparts to those discs to play with.
Hmmm. *rubs chin*
Old 11-24-2021, 10:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 14
Niced 141 Times in 98 Posts

Uplink vs. Theory....how do they compare?
Old 11-24-2021, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I'm just a bit mad at you (sarcasm), I had to go buy a box now. Got my uplink waiting to go for tomorrow's Thanksgiving round. More than anything I am super excited.
Geez since I'm on the guilt train .. I can't wait to hear what you think. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of chatter yet. I think big arms will probably wish it was in cosmic or a touch more stable. If it doesn't work out lemme know!

Been a long while since I threw a theory... and I've only got a few days in on uplink.. If you have a stack of theory's you probably don't need an uplink. I'd say a touch less stable and more glide. I'm trying to get used to throwing flat instead of with a touch of nose down.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 11-24-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Uplink bandwagon/train Wooo Wooo!!!

Are you on it, f--k this things fun!
Old 12-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Par Member

Quote:

Honestly haven’t been able to give it a real good shot. I’m gonna try to get out this week. The few throws I have made with it I have enjoyed very much

Niced: (1)

Old 12-08-2021, 08:32 AM
Par Member

Quote:

I need to probably take only the uplink out to get a feel for it but I threw it several times yesterday. Goes without saying it's not as understable as the Paradox but the one thing that struck me is how late it was turning over. Some shots with the paradox feel like they are already flipping out of my hand. The uplink seemed to go straight for quite a while and then rotated. It was certainly nice to see that.

Niced: (2)