Old 03-02-2021, 10:35 PM

Courses Played: 10
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

I'm finding that also. As a result, I' gone to heavier drivers and also really consider wind strength and direction.

Haha, I'm going to learn rollers with my retired Mambas.

But the whole, "stick with putters and learn mids," thing I did last summer and now I want to learn drivers.

I do feel like I have a good appreciation for you and your reset because I'm seeing that with the subtle things that are learned, rotation, weight shift, grip, snap, et al, there's a lot more to play with.

My big issue is, at 64, well, you know.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2021, 11:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 447 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big.Shot View Post
I'm finding that also. As a result, I' gone to heavier drivers and also really consider wind strength and direction.
I try to consider the wind also. The difficult part is the wind at the tee box may not be the same as the wind near the basket. Trees and other things could cause the wind to swirl, slow down, etc. It's why I've never understood the pros tossing grass or dirt at the tee box to test the wind. The wind isn't going to affect the disc much when it leaves your hand....it's when the disc is slowing down in its flight that the wind will really affect it.

Quote:
Haha, I'm going to learn rollers with my retired Mambas.
Some of my discs are teaching me rollers without me trying.

Quote:
But the whole, "stick with putters and learn mids," thing I did last summer and now I want to learn drivers.
My trouble is that my mind keeps going back to "let me just throw a bit faster disc and get more distance". It's really hard to stick to my commitment of 6 speed or less for now. My goal/commitment is 6 months, then move to 7/8 speed discs.

Quote:
I do feel like I have a good appreciation for you and your reset because I'm seeing that with the subtle things that are learned, rotation, weight shift, grip, snap, et al, there's a lot more to play with.
And I'm getting more accurate and consistent. I think less about which disc to throw and more of how to throw it. Before, I had 16 discs in my bag and maybe threw 6 of them. I now have 6 discs in my bag and throw 4 of them.

Quote:
My big issue is, at 64, well, you know.
Yes, I do. And having scoliosis (minor curvature, but still causes one leg to be slightly longer than the other)...doesn't help with consistency in my walk/run ups and throws.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-05-2021, 03:37 PM

Courses Played: 10
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

I agree almost 100% with all your findings. What I'm doing now is if I don't drive well off the tee my ups are going WAY past the basket. I think I'm going with an 8 disc bag for a while.