Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-29-2018, 12:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.2
Courses Played: 90
Niced 20 Times in 14 Posts

I use a Teebird as a fairway and Wraith with for driver so a Thunderbird would seem to be nice. Nope, hated it. Try and try but it gives me nothing good. Into the bin it goes.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2018, 04:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,028 Times in 604 Posts

ZFLX Challenger . .. the most flippy putter i have thrown . . . i like my US putters, my Deputy, Magic and Tui is straight to slightly US . .. the ZFLX Challenger flipps to a insta roller.

Same with Lat 64 FURY, insane US disc. . .if my ROADRUNNER is 9, 5, -2, 1 . . the FURY is 9, 4, -5, 0
Old 10-29-2018, 09:22 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts

Magnet, felt great in my hand. I hate that putter. I wasted two rounds trying to make it work for me, nope.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

Deflector, yea ill just stick with my Z zone

Matrix, seemed like it was just what i was looking for till it flattened out 2 rounds later and cant hold a hyzer or flat shot line unless i fan grip it.

Wave, nothing but flip and roll in plasma and proton. my flat vanish has more stability than these.

I agree with the Defy too, i liked it better than the photon, but to describe the defy as a seasoned photon is a joke. kinda like how the wrath was supposed to be a seasoned tesla, then the flight numbers were released and the wrath is apparently more stable
Old 10-29-2018, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 90
Niced 971 Times in 488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I bought a misprint z mantis thinking I was getting an understable driver, and it came board flat and was the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. I can throw about 400 and I couldn't get that thing to go over 250 on a crazy flex line. I think mine was an oddity, but I am weary to try another.
the domey ones are the good ones, in my experience.

I guess the only disc I could list is the one new that I tried this summer and didn't stick in my bag for long - the aviarx3. Not much glide, which is what I wanted, but lost it's low speed stability too quickly. I was using it as a forehand/hyzer upshot disc, so that made it weird to throw. It's a good disc, but the zone is more what I needed for that slot.

Last edited by VictorB; 10-29-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 48
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post

I agree with the Defy too, i liked it better than the photon, but to describe the defy as a seasoned photon is a joke. kinda like how the wrath was supposed to be a seasoned tesla, then the flight numbers were released and the wrath is apparently more stable
This was such a shame. MVP/Axiom really has nothing to pair with Waves, which are my favorite drivers from them.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 26
Niced 391 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
This was such a shame. MVP/Axiom really has nothing to pair with Waves, which are my favorite drivers from them.
You and me both. I've actually emailed the company just to point out that there's still a market for Speed 12 drivers, and that the gap between Photon and Wave is huge. Didn't get a response, which I assume is because they're too busy developing more warpspeed monsters that I can't throw.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-29-2018, 01:43 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,035 Posts

The Wave is an interesting disc. I don't care for my flat Proton Wave b/c it just doesn't have particularly good glide. But my Plasma is great IF you have buttery smooth form. Before I changed form and added distance the Plasma Wave was turnovers and rollers only. Now, it appears that despite adding distance I've also gotten smoother so the Wave is more workable. If you throw everything with a flat release though you're probably gonna have a bad time.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 553 Times in 405 Posts

Discmania P2 -- I was on the search for a new putter - heard the hype - saw the Eagle (and the Simon) so I picked a couple up. Not a bad shape/feel but just didn't love the plastic and the flight. It was NOT as stable/OS as it says. It was way too touchy

Prodigy A2 - Wanted to love it, I was looking for a short range really OS disc - and it is, its a good disc , but I could NEVER get it to land where I wanted, haha - I went back to a Zone and realized - I had this disc the whole time - so its not a bad disc, but I couldn't find the range, either I pushed it TOO far or fluffed it and it was short

World - Probably the more disappointed I've been with a driver - its supposed to be OS but it was VERY touchy - sometimes I would rip it and it would hyzer out hard - othertimes would up-flip over and anny roll into the dirt to nowheresville . Its a thin thin disc and that leaves a SMALL margin of error - its not a consistent disc from what I've seen ever from Feldberg throwing it, sometimes it flips too much, othertimes it doesn't

Old 10-29-2018, 05:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 655 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
The Wave is an interesting disc. I don't care for my flat Proton Wave b/c it just doesn't have particularly good glide. But my Plasma is great IF you have buttery smooth form. Before I changed form and added distance the Plasma Wave was turnovers and rollers only. Now, it appears that despite adding distance I've also gotten smoother so the Wave is more workable. If you throw everything with a flat release though you're probably gonna have a bad time.
I thought the Wave stunk. I threw at least 3 of them and never really felt like any of them flew great. Not very glidey and they had mediocre distance.

I'd rather use an Octane or Catalyst.