#581  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:55 PM
DiscNinja33's Avatar
DiscNinja33 DiscNinja33 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Michigan
Courses Played: 41
Posts: 135
Niced 217 Times in 65 Posts
Default Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Currently at 2,982 posts. Hurry up here then get to the good stuff I'm about 1k in myself.


I just found that one tonight too, about 300 in lol

Ive been a /r/discgolf regular for years and never paid attention to DGCR and recently decided to check it out. Holy SHlT, theres so much more here. Im like a little kid on Christmas still.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 10-29-2018, 11:08 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,931
Niced 673 Times in 380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNinja33 View Post
I just found that one tonight too, about 300 in lol

Ive been a /r/discgolf regular for years and never paid attention to DGCR and recently decided to check it out. Holy SHlT, theres so much more here. Im like a little kid on Christmas still.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/

Used to be the discgolfreview forums, now hosted by TimG (THANK YOU!). You think this is better than /r/discgolf? Dig through those threads (granted they don't cover very recent molds), and the "Resources" section here: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/ Every person on this site that isn't good, but wants to be one day, should read the Resources section more than once.

DGCR is the /r/discgolf of DGR. Hell, even just a couple years ago this site was more...articulate? With popularity comes dilution. I migrated here when DGR died...there's even a good thread about DGCR there (which I won't link here)

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:12 AM
JeCroisQue JeCroisQue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 720
Niced 175 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Anyone able to tell about the firmness of the 2018 Ledgestone Glo ESP Zones? I haven't bought a Zone in a while & my older one is a firm puddle top ESP. I've felt up some ESP's that I've seen in some stores and they were really soft. No thanks.

Mine feels just like normal ESP to me. Similar in firmness to a couple of the big z zones that I have. I have an orange one that is just flat topped and around 174. It is definitely not soft, but I would not call it firm.
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:56 AM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,539
Niced 352 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/

Used to be the discgolfreview forums, now hosted by TimG (THANK YOU!). You think this is better than /r/discgolf? Dig through those threads (granted they don't cover very recent molds), and the "Resources" section here: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/ Every person on this site that isn't good, but wants to be one day, should read the Resources section more than once.

DGCR is the /r/discgolf of DGR. Hell, even just a couple years ago this site was more...articulate? With popularity comes dilution. I migrated here when DGR died...there's even a good thread about DGCR there (which I won't link here)
No

/r/discgolf is the ninth circle of hell

It's legit all 175 foot ace posts and horrendous trilogy mail calls. Dgcr was never close to that wasteland.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:58 AM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,539
Niced 352 Times in 221 Posts
Default

What's the desire for a straight flying zone bcbi want one too but I'm not sure why?

Can I cover all my approaches with an OS esp and a straight jawbreaker?
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 10-30-2018, 07:56 AM
JAKE master's Avatar
JAKE master JAKE master is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Woods of CT
Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,508
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default

you probably could cover all your lines, especially if your proficient at FH and BH. I have a pro d zone that is super straight. thrown with anhy it holds a beautiful turnover. flat its just straight for days and on hyzer it holds.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:30 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,766
Niced 948 Times in 527 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
What's the desire for a straight flying zone bcbi want one too but I'm not sure why?

Can I cover all my approaches with an OS esp and a straight jawbreaker?
I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes I'm not feeling my touch putter throws and would rather lay into a Zone.

I carry a mid 160s Jawbreaker that only has a touch of fade at the end, and a regular weight SoftX that drifts ever so slightly before coming back to center. ZFLX is my OS one.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:57 PM
ThrowBot's Avatar
ThrowBot ThrowBot is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Billings, MT
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 123
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,342
Niced 657 Times in 318 Posts
Default

I bought a macro-sized JB Zone at Glide in Madison, WI. It is the perfect size for my son to grip (he is 16 months old).

He has started trying to throw it, but his form could use some work. Right now he is maxing out at about 2' of distance. Not much snap.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 10-30-2018, 01:49 PM
ranger ranger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,539
Niced 352 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I'm not sure what it is, but sometimes I'm not feeling my touch putter throws and would rather lay into a Zone.

I carry a mid 160s Jawbreaker that only has a touch of fade at the end, and a regular weight SoftX that drifts ever so slightly before coming back to center. ZFLX is my OS one.
I'm like 1000 times more comfortable throwing sidearm approaches. I have the OS slot covered with an ESP zone but I want to see if I can do everything with a straight zone.
Reply With Quote
 

  #590  
Old 10-30-2018, 07:27 PM
JeCroisQue JeCroisQue is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 720
Niced 175 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
you probably could cover all your lines, especially if your proficient at FH and BH. I have a pro d zone that is super straight. thrown with anhy it holds a beautiful turnover. flat its just straight for days and on hyzer it holds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
What's the desire for a straight flying zone bcbi want one too but I'm not sure why?

Can I cover all my approaches with an OS esp and a straight jawbreaker?
I am beating one in for straight shots. Actually, I would think it is beat in enough to call it straight right now. I think it will take a while for it to be a turnover disc. Although, I don't think this disc will work well as a turnover disc. Not enough glide, I had another beat JB and it really was finicky when it developed turn. The point for me would be to frame my shots as:

OS Zone BH - Straight Zone BH - Straight Zone FH - OZ Zone FH

I don't even want to bag a mid anymore because this set up can do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger

/r/discgolf is the ninth circle of hell

It's legit all 175 foot ace posts and horrendous trilogy mail calls. Dgcr was never close to that wasteland.
Totally agree. I cannot stand the amount of low effort "look I aced this 185 ft hole in a wide open field" posts. Or the sheer amount of "It may not be much but I broke the 300 ft barrier" posts. Just random pics of stock DD discs that have mediocre camera work. Being generous, 1 in 10 posts actually have some worth.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Ask Discmania Thread rarintal Discs 3367 08-19-2019 11:53 PM
The Official Brainwave Disc Thread Brainwavedisc Disc Dyeing 16 04-08-2016 12:44 AM
The Official First Dyes Thread LeewayeDiscGolf Disc Dyeing 328 12-22-2014 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.