Old 03-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 280 Times in 143 Posts
Default Ratings for Non-members

Is there a way to see what my rating is without renewing my PDGA membership? I know ratings are a benefit of being a member and I want to see what my options are in the following case.

There is an AM only tourney coming up that I would like to play. I haven't renewed my membership because I haven't played a sanctioned event in 2 years. I want to sign up for MA 40, and since I am listed as a professional I need to have a rating of <935. The last I knew my rating was 942, not sure what it would be now.

I can always sign up for Advanced if I want, but was hoping there is a way I can register for MA40+ since there are a couple guys I would like to play with. Since I would be paying my $10 extra as a non member, it seems reasonable to see my rating and would only help the TD make sure I am playing the correct division also.

Any info anyone anyone can offer would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2019, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 51 Times in 31 Posts

TD's have access to check ratings for situations such as this. Email the TD of the event your situation and your PDGA number.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:57 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 280 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW III View Post
TD's have access to check ratings for situations such as this. Email the TD of the event your situation and your PDGA number.
Thank you for the help, JRW. Looks like I will be playing Advanced after all.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,256 Times in 1,365 Posts

If the TD is using Disc Golf Scene or Disc Golf United for registration, it automatically checks your PDGA number against the division you choose to make sure you qualify for it by age, rating, and gender. So it wouldn't allow you to register for MA40 if your rating was too high. If they're not using one of those services that connects directly to the PDGA database, then yeah, the best option is contacting the TD so he/she can check your qualifications.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 162
Niced 148 Times in 68 Posts

If you want to know where you stand currently, play a few competitive league rounds or cash rounds with friends on a variety of courses that regularly hold tournaments. Track your scores. Look up the tournament results on PDGA.com and find what those same round scores were rated. Average those ratings. That should give you a really good estimate of your current rating.

It's not perfect because you're not playing under the same conditions that existed during those tournaments, but it should be pretty close.