Old 06-17-2019, 03:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,588 Times in 1,612 Posts

Not sure what type of disc/shot you are throwing? Looks severely anhyzer and/or nose up/grip.

That setup and address looks a lot better than before. But you are trying to rotate flat/anhyzer behind your heels, instead of swinging like a pendulum with your shoulder/body in athletic position/balance. You are also pulling the disc into your body with your arm, and before you plant the front foot/shift off rear foot. The rear foot should be going forward before the loose arm moves the disc like ball on string, so all your weight moves the disc forward instead of your arm muscles.

Camera view from behind the tee would show your balance/nose behind your front heel/right teepad side, instead of nose over toes/left teepad side. Your front shoulder coming forward around behind/right of your front knee instead of forward over/left your knee in more athletic balance.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2019, 07:19 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Not sure what type of disc/shot you are throwing? Looks severely anhyzer and/or nose up/grip.

That setup and address looks a lot better than before. But you are trying to rotate flat/anhyzer behind your heels, instead of swinging like a pendulum with your shoulder/body in athletic position/balance. You are also pulling the disc into your body with your arm, and before you plant the front foot/shift off rear foot. The rear foot should be going forward before the loose arm moves the disc like ball on string, so all your weight moves the disc forward instead of your arm muscles.

Camera view from behind the tee would show your balance/nose behind your front heel/right teepad side, instead of nose over toes/left teepad side. Your front shoulder coming forward around behind/right of your front knee instead of forward over/left your knee in more athletic balance.
Whenever I have tried to get my weight over toes I end up throwing extreme hyzer.

I get that the rear foot is supposed to be deweighted when the disc is in the power pocket, but don't exactly get how to achieve it. In my mind, when my hips open that immediately pulls my core forward meaning that in turn my upper body is opened. So if I use my body to move the disc, it's going to end up at right pec before I'm deweighted. I'm not sure if this is a flexibility issue on my end or what, but how do I open my hips while still keeping my upper body closed?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Par Member

Niced 144 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2much View Post
Whenever I have tried to get my weight over toes I end up throwing extreme hyzer.

I get that the rear foot is supposed to be deweighted when the disc is in the power pocket, but don't exactly get how to achieve it. In my mind, when my hips open that immediately pulls my core forward meaning that in turn my upper body is opened. So if I use my body to move the disc, it's going to end up at right pec before I'm deweighted. I'm not sure if this is a flexibility issue on my end or what, but how do I open my hips while still keeping my upper body closed?
I think it΄s your backswing and how you initiate it. You rotate into the backswing in a way that the only way to get back is to rotate yourself open. Keep your left arm straight like you are saluting and go under your left arm with your right arm. You should feel some tension in your core and in your left glute if you do it right. It also should put you in a tilted/athletic position. It should also feel like that there is no need to rotate to get the disc going forward. You should get the same sensations in SWs door frame drill.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-17-2019, 11:21 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
I think it΄s your backswing and how you initiate it. You rotate into the backswing in a way that the only way to get back is to rotate yourself open. Keep your left arm straight like you are saluting and go under your left arm with your right arm. You should feel some tension in your core and in your left glute if you do it right. It also should put you in a tilted/athletic position. It should also feel like that there is no need to rotate to get the disc going forward. You should get the same sensations in SWs door frame drill.
Do you have a picture of what you're describing here? Sorry I'm not quite getting it.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Par Member

Niced 144 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2much View Post
Do you have a picture of what you're describing here? Sorry I'm not quite getting it.
https://youtu.be/_3Ldoy0shbM

Niced: (1)
Old 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
Ah okay. Thank you!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:17 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Edit: Nvm I'm a moron.

Last edited by ballin2much; 06-17-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:35 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been trying to focus only on driving the front heel down and pushing the rear foot forward while ignoring the upper body mostly. Is this an improvement at all?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tFijw3ULne4vKnKj6
Old 07-06-2019, 01:32 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry for the bump. I think I'm getting better at shifting my weight before rotation, but I still seem to be throwing my upper body forward.
This throw had barely anything on it and went nowhere. https://photos.app.goo.gl/EwhWwrcrnL8gGnNA7

Old 07-06-2019, 11:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,588 Times in 1,612 Posts

Address and start of backswing looking much better.

1. Your starting stance is too wide, feet are like 6-12" too wide apart, so you are too flat footed on your rear heel and not athletically/quickly shifting your weight/balance from one foot to the other more efficiently/easy.

2. You aren't landing upright on your front leg properly/shifted balance to front leg into plant. Your front leg is really bent when you plant and you are still pushing forward off the rear foot and front heel spins out down from turning too far back. Your rear foot should be done driving forward in the backswing/top of backswing. Note how your rear hip is going over the front hip instead of underneath so the rear leg hangs under the hip socket in perfect upright balance on front leg.