Old 07-01-2019, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 216 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
So, one of my friends is needing an OS compliment to his KCPro Roc and Icon Ghost (he doesn't haunt these forums, so I am asking for him). Would the Bobcat fit into this slot? He is not a power thrower, but he uses a lot of flex shots the carve lines in the woods; his forehand isn't all that great, but he is an old school frisbee thrower... good control on angles.

Holding a Bobcat at the store, I am guessing it flys like a little shorter Z Wasp, mabe a bit more OS, ( I throw MVP putters and drivers, but you have to talk Discraft mids to me), maybe halfway between a Wasp and Drone?

What plastic/color/run is the firmest? We differ on what mids we throw, but we both want them super firm.

the bobcat is exactly that, i was an avid wasp thrower myself(early 2000s and 4pt wasps). if he likes to use flex shots , this is a good mid for that and will work out of an anhyzer shot,both fh or bh. my old z wasps were reliably os but these probably have a little more HSS that you dont have to worry about them flipping in a heavy head wind. this mid is what i wanted the buzzz os and nebula to be. prior to wasps, i was throwing buzzzes(barstamps) and always wanted a "buzzz" type mid i could rely on in the wind but without the bead of the wasp. while this is shorter than a buzzz, it is that reliability i wanted.

the royal plastic is very similar to old gravity/pro d plastic, firm rim and just a tad bit of give in the plate. there are firm clear purple, clear pink, clear green, clear blue , clear orange eternal bobcats that would fit the bill. in apex, its probably harder to find unless you specifically ask whoever is selling or get to hold one hands on. i have come across firm and flat, white, purple, pink, green, blue in apex.

the premium plastics are pretty consistent across the board, lighter weights will hold straighter just a little longer and heavy weights are a little more HSS.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)