Old 07-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 214 Times in 123 Posts

So I got my OG jawbreaker roaches in and it definitely feels the same as regular jawbreaker. Just looks different. Disappointing,was really hoping for a more firm plastic. I love discrafts putters but not in love with the plastic blends.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 843 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
So I got my OG jawbreaker roaches in and it definitely feels the same as regular jawbreaker. Just looks different. Disappointing,was really hoping for a more firm plastic. I love discrafts putters but not in love with the plastic blends.
Where did you get OG JB Roaches?
Old 07-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Niced 672 Times in 379 Posts

Ah the ole' DCOGJBRs. Classic

Niced: (1)
Old 07-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 209 Times in 138 Posts

Can anyone care to explain to me what the allure of the old school Elite X plastic is versus the X plastic of today?

I’ve never had the chance to feel it up in person. Is it more durable, or is it more of a feel thing?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 472 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I've switched to a push putt (from spin) & have really been appreciating the medium feel of Jawbreaker. I still absolutely want to get a hold of some CT Roaches for long putts & approaches. Just so bizarre CT isn't regular production for their best selling putters.

Their top 5 sellers would be Challenger, Roach, Banger GT, Magnet & Focus?
Old 07-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Niced 672 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Can anyone care to explain to me what the allure of the old school Elite X plastic is versus the X plastic of today?

I’ve never had the chance to feel it up in person. Is it more durable, or is it more of a feel thing?
Mostly nostalgia like Innova gets with some of their blends over the years. Yes it probably was a little more durable (negligible) and felt a bit less waxy but overall it's not as worse as everyone makes it out to be

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2019, 02:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,082 Times in 635 Posts

Had an annual tournament at my lokal club and it΄s insane how many players are throwing Discraft this year.
Last year i was the only one throwing a few Discraft discs. . this year i saw SOO many players with +5 Discraft discs in the bag.

My feeling is that Trilogy is the biggest looser to Discraft.

What a difference a year can make.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 18
Niced 156 Times in 93 Posts

It comes and goes... When I started a few years ago, I only knew of Innova because they made the starter pack I had as well as all the discs I got from a local on Craigslist... And Innova had the cool little pamphlet explaining all of their discs. But when I went to get online help from infinite discs the guy tried to introduce me to something besides innova, and recommended a River. I only found out about Discraft when I was trying to introduce the sport to my students and reached out to several companies and Discraft was the one who really made things happen for us and subsequently introduced me to so many different molds. That's why I like Discraft so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 79
Niced 145 Times in 67 Posts

The local pro that used to run the weekly leagues and local tournaments from the late 90s till just a few years ago is a Discraft guy so they were always known and popular around town. Outside of that it seemed like they would have a great disk and they would become prevalent then fade for a few years till the next one, thinking discs like the Magnet, Comet, Cyclone, XS, Wasp->Buzzz, Zone and Nuke.

Back then I always wished they had focused more on the fairway drivers, seemed they had some good ones, XS, XL, Tracker, Stalker, Reaper and a few others but nothing that ever really knocked Leopards, Teebirds, Firebirds out of peoples bags. Just seemed to be a weak part of the line up, mids were the best out there, a good range of putters and distance drivers were good but fairways were lacking. I was really excited to see them start focusing on them a few years back. I think discs like the Mantis, Sting, Vulture and Undertaker may have a done a lot more for them than people realize.

Just my opinion but glad to see them in the position they are in currently.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 38 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshelton View Post
The local pro that used to run the weekly leagues and local tournaments from the late 90s till just a few years ago is a Discraft guy so they were always known and popular around town. Outside of that it seemed like they would have a great disk and they would become prevalent then fade for a few years till the next one, thinking discs like the Magnet, Comet, Cyclone, XS, Wasp->Buzzz, Zone and Nuke.
Scott Papa?