Old 07-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 98 Times in 69 Posts

I could easily see me bagging one in time just because I like the straight flat shot, even more so I LOVE throwing Annys and Turnover shots as well.

Weird to say but I like courses where it seems like a lefty designed it. I throw RHBH always and if I must a FH shot (getting better! But still suck lol)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-08-2019, 06:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.4
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 733 Times in 282 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
I could easily see me bagging one in time just because I like the straight flat shot, even more so I LOVE throwing Annys and Turnover shots as well.

Weird to say but I like courses where it seems like a lefty designed it. I throw RHBH always and if I must a FH shot (getting better! But still suck lol)
This is pretty much me.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
This is pretty much me.
My beaten to death GL River is my go to for most shots until recently I've found the Star Cobra is much more stable than Dx. The Comet reminds me of a slower River which is why I do like it.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Well I was scanning through to see who it was that said fly dye Z was awesome.. But sorry man I can't remember, either way thanks! My pop top fly dye Z is awesome it's breaking in beautifully. Still a little more turn resistant but mellowing in to wicked glide.. I'm getting some easy turn out of it now and appreciating the domey Comet a lot more than I used to.

I've played a few two disc "one disc" rounds head to head and it is consistently winning largely due to putting like a plasma envy of similar light weight but also because I'm hitting my lines, more with a tight S than a flat laser. Drop in birds..
Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
My beaten to death GL River is my go to for most shots until recently I've found the Star Cobra is much more stable than Dx. The Comet reminds me of a slower River which is why I do like it.
I throw old DX Ontario mold Cobras, just picked up a Star Cobra and am surprised how much I love that thing.
I'm still going to get a Comet, I've always loved watching them fly but in the pass they never quite fit with my grip, this one (slow anny that held the line) was no problem.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 378 Times in 282 Posts

So from the comparisons I'm reading, a Cobra is the closest thing outside of an Ontario Roc to an Innova Comet?
Old 07-09-2019, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
So from the comparisons I'm reading, a Cobra is the closest thing outside of an Ontario Roc to an Innova Comet?
Discraft Comet is what I threw.
The AR Discraft Zepplin (which didn't go into production) is pretty close
Old 07-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I throw old DX Ontario mold Cobras, just picked up a Star Cobra and am surprised how much I love that thing.
I'm still going to get a Comet, I've always loved watching them fly but in the pass they never quite fit with my grip, this one (slow anny that held the line) was no problem.
The grip to me is what I dont like too much on the Comet. I feel like it will slip easier than most discs I use
Old 07-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Niced 667 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Eh, na. This is a very loose analogy but think TB/EX and beat TB/beat EX. New Comets will be very straight (though their HSS differs from TBs) with some fade, and when they beat they can develope some turn and lose some fade. New Cobras are like a new EX, little turn and some fade for sure. More beat and they turn more but still hang onto that fade like an EX would. Even my 4-5/10 Cobras fade given enough height - I don't have a Comet that beat but I would assume they would not fade anywhere near the way a Cobra would.

You could absolutely utilize a Cobra instead of an Ontario Roc or Comet, but all three molds must be thrown and controlled in different yet similar manners.

Niced: (2)

Old 07-09-2019, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
The grip to me is what I dont like too much on the Comet. I feel like it will slip easier than most discs I use
That was also my problem with them in the past, this one didn't feel like that. The person I borrowed it from has thrown them a long time and said there's nothing different, but it sure felt like there was.