Old 07-09-2019, 11:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
So from the comparisons I'm reading, a Cobra is the closest thing outside of an Ontario Roc to an Innova Comet?
Pretty much.. I'd toss the Tursas in the ring but it takes a touch more power to get it going if you have 300+ of power you won't notice.. It will fly like an ESP Comet on the front end and hook up a bit more when it runs out of juice.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 378 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Eh, na. This is a very loose analogy but think TB/EX and beat TB/beat EX. New Comets will be very straight (though their HSS differs from TBs) with some fade, and when they beat they can develope some turn and lose some fade. New Cobras are like a new EX, little turn and some fade for sure. More beat and they turn more but still hang onto that fade like an EX would. Even my 4-5/10 Cobras fade given enough height - I don't have a Comet that beat but I would assume they would not fade anywhere near the way a Cobra would.

You could absolutely utilize a Cobra instead of an Ontario Roc or Comet, but all three molds must be thrown and controlled in different yet similar manners.
Thanks. I was just curious since I'd seen some Cobras recently and they felt nice. You also understood what I was trying to say.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 98 Times in 69 Posts

I hope when broken in some the grip is better.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:31 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,099 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Eh, na. This is a very loose analogy but think TB/EX and beat TB/beat EX. New Comets will be very straight (though their HSS differs from TBs) with some fade, and when they beat they can develope some turn and lose some fade. New Cobras are like a new EX, little turn and some fade for sure. More beat and they turn more but still hang onto that fade like an EX would. Even my 4-5/10 Cobras fade given enough height - I don't have a Comet that beat but I would assume they would not fade anywhere near the way a Cobra would.

You could absolutely utilize a Cobra instead of an Ontario Roc or Comet, but all three molds must be thrown and controlled in different yet similar manners.
Eagles are the Cobra's of fairways, they both have that S curve because they have early turn and late fade. It's kinda like throwing a flex shot without needing to flex the disc. The other disc of note that was like this was the Cyclone. It gave good forward penetration while it faded, but it did fade. I think the reason I was more Roc/Comet with my mids was that I already had an S curve driver in the Cyclone and really didn't need a Cobra to go with it.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
I hope when broken in some the grip is better.
One thing I tried is using a modifed birdie grip.. I tuck my middle finger closer in rather than out.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 953 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well I was scanning through to see who it was that said fly dye Z was awesome.. But sorry man I can't remember, either way thanks! My pop top fly dye Z is awesome it's breaking in beautifully. Still a little more turn resistant but mellowing in to wicked glide.. I'm getting some easy turn out of it now and appreciating the domey Comet a lot more than I used to.

I've played a few two disc "one disc" rounds head to head and it is consistently winning largely due to putting like a plasma envy of similar light weight but also because I'm hitting my lines, more with a tight S than a flat laser. Drop in birds..
That would be me, or a least I am one of those whom think the fly dyed Z are the best.... except for finding them in dead leaves

Niced: (2)
Old 07-09-2019, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
That would be me, or a least I am one of those whom think the fly dyed Z are the best.... except for finding them in dead leaves
I thought it was you.. Or ponder.. Maybe Alexplz.. Haha.

Thanks man, that pop top is probably ranked #4 out of 10 and possibly advancing especially as it heats up out there for summer. Funny what an extra 10 degrees can do to a discs stability. It is tough to find but when it's always near the pin it's not too bad haha.

The front end stability on fly dye is beating out faster than the ESPs low speed stability. My initial bet was on the flat top ESP..
Old 07-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 214 Times in 123 Posts

Been a while since Ive thrown a swirly esp comet. Found a really great looking domey one buy cant decide if I should get it. I currently have an x comet, 2nd run LE, fly dye z, and a ledgestone TI.

Either convince me to get it or talk me out of it because Ive got a problem.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 953 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Been a while since Ive thrown a swirly esp comet. Found a really great looking domey one buy cant decide if I should get it. I currently have an x comet, 2nd run LE, fly dye z, and a ledgestone TI.

Well, they beat in more stable instead of less... you can start a Comet to Roc cycle...

Old 07-12-2019, 04:49 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 2,099 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post

You have four Comets and think you have a problem? Buy 46 more and get back to me.