#11  
Old 04-09-2015, 01:40 PM
ncgamedog ncgamedog is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 376
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive4showput4dough View Post
The new zone I have has some dome, if you want board flat try a harp, I'm testing a zone now to see how it feels in place of a harp, feels slightly slower with a little less beef... Cryztal flx plastic is awesome though, little more give then the fluid, elasto, frost mix but not g star, we will see if it can take a beating like the vip can and stay OS
Ummm what?

I picked up a VIP Harp the other day to test as a Zone replacment, and while its a great feeling disc, I did not find it to be beefier than the Zone.

I agree with the Harp being faster, but I just didnt need a disc in that slot. I actually found the Drone a bit beefier than the Harp, but I'd put it more in that class. I would call the Harp a longer Gator. Its much more of a mid range flying disc than the Zone. The Zone is a putter that is very fast for a putter, so its borderline mid.

Not knocking the Harp at all, I had high hopes for it, but it just didnt beat out my Zone.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-2015, 01:52 PM
walde's Avatar
walde walde is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 304
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Sit down, we have to talk...
Don't tell me..!! What's up? Do I need to start hoarding the firm concave ones? I only have one fresh back up left. How do the soft and/or domey ones fly?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-09-2015, 02:00 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,431
Niced 1,315 Times in 660 Posts
Default

Around the time of the ESP Glo run, there was a new top and inside rim tooling added. Not seeing a lot of flatties from the changes. Part of me thinks Discraft didn't want concave tops and made a top to prevent it. Too bad they're stopping producing my favorite Zones.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-09-2015, 02:19 PM
wreckreation's Avatar
wreckreation wreckreation is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 233
Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgamedog View Post
Ummm what?

I picked up a VIP Harp the other day to test as a Zone replacment, and while its a great feeling disc, I did not find it to be beefier than the Zone.

I agree with the Harp being faster, but I just didnt need a disc in that slot. I actually found the Drone a bit beefier than the Harp, but I'd put it more in that class. I would call the Harp a longer Gator. Its much more of a mid range flying disc than the Zone. The Zone is a putter that is very fast for a putter, so its borderline mid.

Not knocking the Harp at all, I had high hopes for it, but it just didnt beat out my Zone.

Same here. Wanted a rubbery soft Zone, so I got a BT Soft Harp. It is a great disc, I really like it. But it is nowhere near as OS as any premium Zone. Maybe close to a D Zone that has been scuffed up a bit. Or more than a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-09-2015, 02:30 PM
lowracks's Avatar
lowracks lowracks is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 620
Niced 28 Times in 8 Posts
Default

i heart zones forever.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,603
Niced 1,169 Times in 525 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I'll give you one, in person, at 4am at CVG's baggage claim on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend!
I can haz Zone that Glows?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:03 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,431
Niced 1,315 Times in 660 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
I can haz Zone that Glows?
Sorry, man. That was an inside joke between Dave and I. If I sent you a Glo Zone, he'd fly immediately to Cincy and end me.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Shooter14's Avatar
Shooter14 Shooter14 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arkansas
Courses Played: 3
Posts: 680
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Around the time of the ESP Glo run, there was a new top and inside rim tooling added. Not seeing a lot of flatties from the changes. Part of me thinks Discraft didn't want concave tops and made a top to prevent it. Too bad they're stopping the best Zones.
There ya go.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:44 PM
mball1684 mball1684 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Novi, MI
Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 329
Niced 22 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Every zone at one of my local shops, (throw shop, ypsi, mi) has a little dome to it....
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is online now
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,922
Niced 1,111 Times in 565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mball1684 View Post
Every zone at one of my local shops, (throw shop, ypsi, mi) has a little dome to it....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Ask Discmania Thread rarintal Discs 3367 08-19-2019 11:53 PM
The Official Brainwave Disc Thread Brainwavedisc Disc Dyeing 16 04-08-2016 12:44 AM
The Official First Dyes Thread LeewayeDiscGolf Disc Dyeing 328 12-22-2014 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.