*Moderator*

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 477 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
Sidewinder invented flossing?
He just made it accessible to old disc golfers!
Old 06-13-2019, 01:30 PM

Courses Played: 13
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

They say is that "Lesson 3 - The Secret Compound Pivot" you want the belly button to always lead the swing and be in front of your head. I'm having a hard time finding video of a DG throw where that is evident. In every throw I watch it just looks like the belly button is directly below the head. I'm just struggling to figure out how to implement that into an actual throw.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 321 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
They say is that "Lesson 3 - The Secret Compound Pivot" you want the belly button to always lead the swing and be in front of your head. I'm having a hard time finding video of a DG throw where that is evident. In every throw I watch it just looks like the belly button is directly below the head. I'm just struggling to figure out how to implement that into an actual throw.
It's subtle and a small shift. In reality it might be right below the head. For a pic reference, you can look at last pic on OP's original post. Most AM's in contrast come over the top with belly button behind the upper body & with upper arm hugging themselves. For me, it's just sort of a mind trick that I during pre-shot routine to get body understand proper spots it needs to be in during throw.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 11 Times in 8 Posts

I think this is essentially what Feldburg was trying to communicate in the video i cant seem to find, where he is talkin about your lead hip going 'to the sky'.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-14-2019, 04:31 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 105 Times in 44 Posts

"As you can see, the right side (the "higher" hip) pivots out to the right as your swing comes through center. YOU SHOULD NOT BE THINKING ABOUT PIVOTING. Just focus on rocking those hips forward in the pump, back in the backswing, and forward again to brace."

Do people actually think about pivoting?
Old 06-14-2019, 08:28 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 28 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
I think this is essentially what Feldburg was trying to communicate in the video i cant seem to find, where he is talkin about your lead hip going 'to the sky'.

Niced: (3)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:54 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 110 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axion View Post
YES YES YES YES. I thought he was crazy when I first saw that. Like "no one is shoving their hip forward DAVE." I was very wrong. It's just difficult to see in the throw, but it's absolutely what is happening. I am more careful about refuting things immediately like that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Golf Doctor View Post
"As you can see, the right side (the "higher" hip) pivots out to the right as your swing comes through center. YOU SHOULD NOT BE THINKING ABOUT PIVOTING. Just focus on rocking those hips forward in the pump, back in the backswing, and forward again to brace."

Do people actually think about pivoting?
I think LOTS of people focus on the move being rotational and not linear. It becomes a focus and causes lots of issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopa View Post
That's the one!
Old 06-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 110 Times in 74 Posts

Sorry, double post... But after watching Dave's video again it aligns exactly with what I'm talking about. He's focusing on step 3 of what I'm saying in the original post, and it's super important... probably the most important... but step 2 is what REALLY helped me with keeping my balance in the backswing!

Old 06-25-2019, 03:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 27
Niced 477 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post

I think LOTS of people focus on the move being rotational and not linear. It becomes a focus and causes lots of issues.

More and more of them every day if you look on the Disc golf Form Check facebook group.... The spinning out cult is growing quickly, taking their 250' throws to 300' and glorifying in the super secret technique that's made them throw as far as McBeth..... there may or may not be some frustrated sarcasm in that post.....

Niced: (1)