Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

He was slow in shipping one of my eBay orders, he made it up to me by adding a proto disc.

I like gateway
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

It's sad that this thread has turned into actual hating on gateway, considering the OP of the thread had no real complaints or real reason to make the thread. There's a reason Gateway is the third biggest DG company in the states and they've been around forever. This thread should really end, since all it is is negative energy and all. I hate that people have had bad customer service, but Gateway always makes it right in the end.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 33 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
It's sad that this thread has turned into actual hating on gateway, considering the OP of the thread had no real complaints or real reason to make the thread. There's a reason Gateway is the third biggest DG company in the states and they've been around forever. This thread should really end, since all it is is negative energy and all. I hate that people have had bad customer service, but Gateway always makes it right in the end.
I've read most all of this thread and doesn't sound like Gateway has "always" made it right in the end.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

That they do. I ended up calling them and it really sounds like a zoo around there. Severely undermanned right now. Class operation.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Without even contacting Gateway, I received a personal email asking me if I had already taken care of players packs for a tournament I am organizing. They laid out their custom stamp specials and was very cooperative based on my requests. Stamping and shipping is underway and I have been very satisfied with the service I received.

Thanks Gateway!

2012 Spring Invitational
Josh Carroll, Tournament Director
http://careyparkdiscgolf.webs.com
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
*I whine a lot*

Courses Played: 9
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
Without even contacting Gateway, I received a personal email asking me if I had already taken care of players packs for a tournament I am organizing. They laid out their custom stamp specials and was very cooperative based on my requests. Stamping and shipping is underway and I have been very satisfied with the service I received.

Thanks Gateway!

2012 Spring Invitational
Josh Carroll, Tournament Director
http://careyparkdiscgolf.webs.com
It seems from reading the thread that its at this point that the service deteriorates. Super helpful in ordering and then POOF.

Thats just what i get from reading this thread.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I think they fall behind on emails and lose track of some. Calling them is the way to go. Nice guys. Heck, I got a SSSS Wiz out of the deal.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
I've read most all of this thread and doesn't sound like Gateway has "always" made it right in the end.
Bring me one person who has gotten 'screwed over' by Gateway, or isn't happy with their customer service for a reasonable complaint.

Plus, please tell me what other disc company is willing to do the special deals that they're doing? The ability to pay 8 bucks for basically any disc you want, and you can ask for certain colors and weights. Now don't take me as a Gateway fanboy. I used to throw the Scout and threw Wizards for a while, but now I throw MVP, I just can't believe people are hating on Gateway when they do unprecedented customer service and deals.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
Bring me one person who has gotten 'screwed over' by Gateway, or isn't happy with their customer service for a reasonable complaint.

Plus, please tell me what other disc company is willing to do the special deals that they're doing? The ability to pay 8 bucks for basically any disc you want, and you can ask for certain colors and weights. Now don't take me as a Gateway fanboy. I used to throw the Scout and threw Wizards for a while, but now I throw MVP, I just can't believe people are hating on Gateway when they do unprecedented customer service and deals.
Your right. I've had bad luck with both of my orders from them but they go above and beyond to make it right. Just witnessed it first hand.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 124 Times in 62 Posts

gateway made it right for me... after 3 shipments, i had what i originally bought in a single ebay auction. the putters were nice and that was the last time i bought directly from gateway.

if this is considered "good customer service" then i quit. good service is getting it right consistently and never having to get someone on the phone to make it right.
Closed Thread