Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default Buzz-meteor- comet. Differences?

I've had a buzz for along time and love it. Right now i have a beat in esp flx buzz thats pretty straight and has a little turn and a more overstable ti buzz. Just got an esp meteor and have an esp comet on the way. How much do these discs overlap. How different are they? I know comet and meteor are more understable. Are they faster slower? Sorry for stupid question just never thrown meteor or comet.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 378
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

How about the impact? My local store has esp impacts for $10.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Buzzz can be torqued on. A Comet is slower and has much more glide and will not tolerate torque monkeys or those with massive problems with OAT. I don't like the Meteor, my words on it would be disrespectful to those who do.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've never thrown a Meteor, but I use Buzzzs and Comets all the time.

A Buzzz is a straight flying, slightly overstable midrange that likes low lines. A new Comet of any plastic is a neutral/stable driver and Comets fly best on higher lines. You can throw a new Comet straight and it will fly dead straight with little fade if thrown lower. If you throw them higher and a bit harder, you might get a little turn and then the disc will fade. As it gets more seasoned in, an ESP Comet and especially an X Comet will develop some nice high speed turn and will hold that turn to the ground easily. Then they are great for hyzer flipping, right turns, frozen rope straight shots higher in the air. Z Comets take a long time to beat in to having a lot of turn (mine have seen heavy use and still have decent high speed stability).

Both discs will go far too, but on completely different lines. For instance, I prefer throwing straight up line drives with the Buzzz. For distance with the Comet, I like to take a seasoned one and put it on a high hyzer flip. The Comet goes farther, with less effort, than the Buzzz. I throw them both for most holes around 275-325', depending on the line.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 64
Niced 33 Times in 19 Posts

I have no idea. I'm quite happy with my Buzzz and am considering a Comet to help show my form issues, but I don't have one yet.

As for the Impact? I have one and like it. It turns over just enough to be usable as a slight hyzer flip disc, but then it holds the line perfectly for a week. Discraft apparently considers it a driver, but they also consider an Avenger SS a maximum distance driver... I can get decent distance with it, but I seldom use it. All of that to say that I'm bored at work and responding to a thread that I have no input on.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 35
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

.5, 0 and -.5 there's the differences. At stages of wear of course they can overlap. But if each were brand new, they wouldn't overlap much at all. They all fly different out of the box.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNutt123 View Post
.5, 0 and -.5 there's the differences. At stages of wear of course they can overlap. But if each were brand new, they wouldn't overlap much at all. They all fly different out of the box.
True but you wouldn't need both a Meteor and an X Comet that's seen a month or two of use (or an ESP with a little more beating in) because it would be starting to turn over and there would be over lap. The Z Comet won't turn as much, but will still hold some similar lines (like the smooth anny that people like understable discs for). So I'd choose either a Meteor or Comet to pair with your Buzzz. Or try to get some misprint discs for cheap and see which ones you like.

I'm sure some people might have reasons for using all three, but those people tolerate more overlap in the bag than I do.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 18 Times in 13 Posts

The Comet & Meteor are somewhat of an overlap. But they do fly differently and they feel quite different too. Different sizes and generally different plastic. The Comet, like was said does not work well with technique flaws. So it can be a great training disc and when you get it down its a beast. Tons of glide. My technique sucks so I prefer the Meteor. Both are great compliments to a Buzz. I use the Meteor for anny approaches or long straight approaches. The Meteor is more forgiving and in the right hands it too has really good distance and a ton of glide.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 65 Times in 40 Posts

buzzz and comet have been my main midranges since soon after i started. A buddy of mine has some meteors and i tried them a few times, but they are really crazy understable. Me personaly, I didnt need anything more understable than a comet.

I like the esp versions of both discs, but since the esp comet is a limited edition I use the Z.

The comet can do so many things, it's a crazy disc. It can hold hyzers, but also anhyzers that will never come back, and of course the straight shot aswell. Really straight, no fade in any way till the landing. And the glide just does not stop.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 88
Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default Comet or meteor

Well im going to have all three. I guess i will try them out but prob only one will be partnered with my buzz.