Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 AM
.:Master Course Designer:.

Years Playing: 43.3
Niced 216 Times in 53 Posts

OK, folks. Been getting lots of e-mails, messages, FB posts, and even a phone call about hole #4 long tee. Still working on getting it moved, and we hope that'll happen soon.

Given all the confusion, we've disabled reviews again for a few days. But one nice player contributed a one-star review, so we can all enjoy reading that one.

Thanks for all your patience. There is good news: we're making great progress on the Trey Deuce and Texas Twist courses in Mt. Vernon. Those are going to be two really, really nice courses.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 AM

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhouck View Post
There is good news: we're making great progress on the Trey Deuce and Texas Twist courses in Mt. Vernon. Those are going to be two really, really nice courses.

Hey John, do you have an expected opening date for the courses?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 AM

The courses will be opening for the Texas Team Championships November 23rd and 24th. Registration is almost closed, but you can still grab a group and join us.

Trey Deuce and Texas Twist should both be open full-time after that, but make sure to check in and verify that before you make the trip. By the way, the design and clearing of the Texas Twist course is also now coming along nicely. I'm very pleased, and I think players will love how these courses complement each other.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Here are a couple updates.

Last week the developer agreed to move the long tee pad on Hole #4. That's the good news.

This week, testing determined that the constant water by the #4 basket and #5 tee are not the result of a leak. There's a spring there. I'll be working with them on solutions.

For those of you still interested in Texas Teams, we have a group getting together to fill the last available Merged spot (3 ADV, 3 INT). If you would like to play, please e-mail me ASAP at jrhouck@houckdesign.com

Old 11-18-2013, 05:35 PM

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
This week, testing determined that the constant water by the #4 basket and #5 tee are not the result of a leak. There's a spring there. I'll be working with them on solutions.
What about the standing water around #15 tee? Any update on that? That's the other really bad spot on the course as far as mud.

It seems to be a popular course. I've yet to go out without seeing several others, and a few times it's been pretty crowded.

Thanks for the updates!