Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Detroit Area Only: Ace Race 5 Minute Challenge for Free Entry to Ace Race Oct. 19th

This contest is now active. I encourage other events to offer the same thing, and would like to see 5 minute timed ace runs as a new standard format, if only for YouTube bragging rights / unofficial records / my own personal enjoyment.

(I'll post my own attempt asap and post links to submissions as they come in)

Free Entry Video Contest - For Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Ace Race Only!!

Take the "Brys Ace Race 5 Minute Challenge!!"

Wanna win your way into Ace Race on October 19th this year??

Then get a buddy, a camcorder and timer, and head out to your local course!
(Be sure to register for Ace Race also, just in case you don't win!! I just need your name and how many you plan on bringing!!)

You'll each have exactly 5 minutes to get the most aces you can on film! (See complete rules below!)

You can use any course; it doesn't have to be at Brys Park!

The most aces wins a free entry to Brys Ace Race 3 in St. Clair Shores, MI on Saturday, October 19th 2013! .. AND a FREE bonus disc of your choice at the event!
(must be present to redeem. Bonus discs include 30 brand new, assorted Z and ESP discs.)

Multiple entries ARE allowed! Videos must be submitted to YouTube on or before Sunday, June 30th, 2013.

Bonus Incentive: ALL entries get a chance to win a free bonus disc at the event. You'll be able to choose from 30 brand new Z and ESP Discraft discs! We will draw the bonus disc winner AT Ace Race, Oct. 19th.
(Must be present to redeem free bonus disc)

Players will submit their videos to YouTube and email a link or reply to this posting!
(Videos can be more than 5 minutes, but throwing time should not exceed 5 minutes.)

Please title videos: "Brys Ace Race 5 Minute Challenge - Your Name @ Park Name"

In the description, please note what times your aces are so viewers can skip to them if they want to!
Ex: "Aces at 2:10 and 3:55"

***Official Rules:***

You can use 1 disc only - it doesn't matter what brand it is.

A towel is also allowed, to wipe dirt off of your disc. (Clever players might clip a towel to their belt...)

Each attempt MUST include a definite start time.

Example: "My name is Eric McCahill, and I'm taking the Brys Ace Race 5 Minute Challenge!"
Person filming gives a "3, 2, 1, GO!"

Time starts when the disc leaves the player's hand. Don't worry about being exact in your timing. YouTube times will help us solve time disputes.

Your video must be continuous, no breaks or editing of your ace run is allowed, besides text / captions!!

Smart phone videos are ok, as long as they're decently clear!

Don't worry about putting, just pick up and go to another tee after each shot!

One video per 5 minute attempt, please. Do not combine multiple attempts in a single video.

No one else can touch your disc besides you.

You DO NOT have to follow the course in order, but you MUST play the correct teepad to the correct basket.

You CANNOT throw at the same basket twice in a row.

You MUST use 3 or more baskets.

Video MUST show you throwing from the teepad AND the disc going into the basket for your aces to count!!

Disc must be out of your hand by the 5 minute mark for your last shot to count!

Tie-breaker: The fastest time the last ace went in.
Example: 2 players have 2 aces, the player whose 2nd ace went in at 4:10 beats the player whose last ace went in at 4:38.

Multiple entries ARE allowed! Your "best" entry will count towards winning your way in. Only one entry will count towards your chance at winning a bonus disc.

Video entries must be submitted on or before Sunday, June 30th, 2013.

HAVE FUN!!! These are meant to be fun, silly, entertaining, giggle-inducing, outrageous, genious, inspirational, etc...

GOOD LUCK!!!
Sponsored Links