Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 29
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts
Default Stafford Woods, NJ - 18 holes coming soon

This course has had 9 holes since 7/28/12. I put in two temp holes to accomodate more players in January...

THE BACK 9 IS unoffically APPROVED!!

The township has had serious discussions about expanding to a full 18 holes, its all but a formaility vote from the Township comittee on Oct. 11th. Four members on the committee have told me the future plans, and already started working with me on approving layout, and getting a final revised map of the full 18 to them in the next two days, and have given me the go ahead to notify people about the back 9!!!

The township will offically name this a 'Voorhees Park' on Oct. 11th and approve the back 9 budget!! This allows an annual budget to maintain and improving the 'park'. It has been and will remain "Green Acres", but adding the park designation allows for township money to be budgeted for the land and course.

This is nothing short of a MAJOR deal for Stafford Woods and South Jersey Disc Golf. Baskets will be purchased by the township, they already have the estimate and agreed to that. In time they will expand the entrance for two lanes, put a township sign a the entrance, put a port-a-pottie in permanantly, and bring in enough stone/gravel to grade out over the entire parking area. We have also discussed plans for picnic benches at a nice area near the parking lot.

I was told the reason the reasons they agreed are:
1) the current course gets lots of use
2) the entire space is well taken care of, no trash is left behind, and we have cleaned up a great deal of what was there from the prior farm - this is the thing they were most happy about. DISC GOLFERS taking ownership and keeping THEIR land clean!
3) they love what we have done so far, and every time they go out see more improvements.

So thank you to everyone that has come out to play Stafford Woods, and especially thank you to those that help clean it up, and volunteer so much to build and improve the course.

This wouldn't be happening with out a group effort on your parts!

Adam Harris
Course Designer, Course Pro, and President of South Jersey Disc Golf
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

this is awesome news! Keep up the good work

Old 10-08-2013, 04:54 PM
* Ace Member *