Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 38 Times in 22 Posts
Default Pro Pig(stiff)

I've finally almost ran out of my first run Pro Pigs. Are these stiff ones that they're selling the same as first runs? I know they used different plastic after the initial ones came out and they flew like crap and would turnover.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2015, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 665 Times in 388 Posts

I never threw any of the FR Pigs, but I've thrown the stiff Pros from the Factory Store and generally I really like them. I have a couple from a couple years ago that are very flat (one is actually slightly concave) and stiff. They are very OS and definitely don't turn over. I also have a couple I bought more recently and the main difference seems to be that they're much less stiff and more tacky. I'm sure the tackiness will wear off after a few throws, but the last one I purchased definitely wasn't at all stiff. I haven't thrown it yet so I can't tell you how it flies, but it looks pretty identical to my others so I'm guessing it will be OS. If you want really stiff Pigs though, these are no longer guaranteed to be so.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 58
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I have heard that some of the stiff ones aren't actually stiff... but all the ones I have had are
Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have one that is rather rubbery and sticky feeling, yet super stiff. Yellow w/ green swirls. Nothing like the plastic of my factory Pro(stiff) Rhynos, which actually feel a lot like a pro pig I used to have. One of the nicest feeling discs I have ever grasped, Although I don't bag it anymore. I'd be willing to part with it.

Last edited by Disc of Cheese; 11-04-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Par Member

Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

Got myself two Factory store Pro Pigs. One purple 175g flat, with a more convex bottom piece and no bead, the other a blue 172, puddle top and more concave bottom piece with what looks like a micro bead. Couldn't really catch this on camera but they really seem like different bottoms. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 03-30-2018, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 44
Niced 665 Times in 388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
Got myself two Factory store Pro Pigs. One purple 175g flat, with a more convex bottom piece and no bead, the other a blue 172, puddle top and more concave bottom piece with what looks like a micro bead. Couldn't really catch this on camera but they really seem like different bottoms. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yep, I haven't bought any for a year or two, but the last couple times I bought them the wing mold piece looked different to me too. I think I commented on it at the time in a different thread (maybe the regular Pig thread?), but not too many people throw Pigs so didn't get many responses. Maybe they've got a different wing mold piece they're using for the Blizzard Champion Pigs, and they've been running the regular Pro with that mold as well?

Niced: (1)
Old 03-31-2018, 02:51 AM
Par Member

I’l try to compare the flight when the weather and my cold will allow me.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:10 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 675 Times in 581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myllys View Post
Seems recently some putters and putter like midrange discs made from the Innova factory that are not supposed to have the micro bead are getting a micro bead in the process of the molding up of discs. One of Hyzerbomb's discs the Morter did have a small micro bead for one of the runs labeled on the disc. Some other discs like the Aviar P&A some of the newer ones have had a micro bead on them too if you look at the discs being made.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:26 AM
Par Member

IIRC this is the other way around. I had a Pro Pig a long time ago that was more of the concave, minibead version.