Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 130 Times in 74 Posts

I field tested the low 171 silver legend I got from Ian. I think I'll bag it for tailwind shots that need to hold a long line between my fairways and max d drivers. My lightly seasoned 168 blue legend needed a decent hyzer at 400' the other day and still finished 30' to the right of neutral where the fresh silver could handle a flat release with no turn lasers to 350' then a very late forward fade over 375' on lower lines. Neither are good in a headwind but I think they'll fit well between my turnover trespasses and well seasoned QJs to complement my Orcs for control driver distances.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 216 Times in 123 Posts

I threw 2 Icon Bandits in the bag to try as a compliment my S and P PDs and I'm glad I did. These things are great for low hyzer flips downhill that I want to finish straight and uphill drives.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:03 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

yeah i LOVE my Bandits... i throw blue legends for majority of my controlled distance lines.. a lot beefier then my Icon or Silver Legend.. then carry light weight FR Icon for hyzerflips, rollers, etc... Probably the most thrown mold in my bag here in the woods of SC
Old 11-14-2016, 11:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

Thinking about picking up a Bandit to compliment my Patriot/Rival/Mongoose/Firebird driver lineup. I am hoping to get one that would slot between the Mongoose and Firebird. Looking for something with more distance potential than my patriot but more stable than my Mongoose. The "silver surfer" Legend Mongoose I throw is a bomber (for me), but it is squirrely in the wind. Is the Bandit the right disc or am I barking up the wrong tree? If a bandit could work, what plastic should I consider? I was eyeballing some pink legends earlier, but I do not know how those compare to other runs.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 113
Niced 40 Times in 23 Posts

I would try a Phenom. Icons are dead straight and glows have a little turn to them. They replaced both Bandits and Patriots in my bag for a while.

A Bandit is still a good choice. THey have a little more turn than a glow Phenom.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I would try a Phenom. Icons are dead straight and glows have a little turn to them. They replaced both Bandits and Patriots in my bag for a while.

A Bandit is still a good choice. THey have a little more turn than a glow Phenom.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think my local PIAS had a couple Phenoms in the used bin not too long ago, so I will see if I can grab one.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Bumping this because Legacy has put out some Bandits in new plastic blends. The test drive pinnacle ones have been out for a few weeks and they recently put up some glow ones on their pro shop. Anyone thrown the new blends yet and have a review?
Old 06-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 31
Niced 948 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by befree1231 View Post
Bumping this because Legacy has put out some Bandits in new plastic blends. The test drive pinnacle ones have been out for a few weeks and they recently put up some glow ones on their pro shop. Anyone thrown the new blends yet and have a review?
Playing the "Battle of the 210" with Rico this weekend. I'll have to see if they're at the shop...I like the Test Drive stamp:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8104_1024x1024.jpg (85.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-20-2017, 02:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

Picked up one of the blue color glow Bandits. Ohhhhhh man, is this thing nice. What a treat this plastic is in the hand. It feels like color glow Pinnacle with some Icon mixed in. It actually reminds me of the stuff they use for Sexton Firebirds with that champy star feel. It flies like a good stable Bandit should and flips to flat and drifts a bit right. It's not any more HSS than your typical higher plh max weight Icon Bandit but the fade seems maybe a tick more. Just as advertised on the Proshop website. I can't wait to work with this one some more. I was getting some loooong crushes with it tonight during some field work. It's going straight into the bag no questions asked.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinum View Post
Thinking about picking up a Bandit to compliment my Patriot/Rival/Mongoose/Firebird driver lineup. I am hoping to get one that would slot between the Mongoose and Firebird. Looking for something with more distance potential than my patriot but more stable than my Mongoose. The "silver surfer" Legend Mongoose I throw is a bomber (for me), but it is squirrely in the wind. Is the Bandit the right disc or am I barking up the wrong tree? If a bandit could work, what plastic should I consider? I was eyeballing some pink legends earlier, but I do not know how those compare to other runs.
I honestly think you would like a gunmetal legend bandit. They have the highest plh and therefore the most stability of any bandit I have thrown. I have two, one that's pretty new that reminds of a slightly worn champ thunderbird and one that is used that is more like a good pfn flat top champion Viking.

Niced: (1)