Old 02-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 169 Times in 72 Posts

I've been in the Kerrville/Fredericksburg/Burnet area off and on for the past 3 years. I play 3-6 times a week, and (depending where I am) play at Bandera (9 hole), Kerrville (9 hole), Boerne (9 hole), Marble Falls (9 hole) or Burnet (9 hole, and 18 hole) which are all in the region that you are describing.

I would welcome a great 18 hole course in that area, but I don't see much in the way of local regulars.

Most days I don't see even one other disc golfer on those courses, the exception being the Boerne course which is closest to San Antonio and can see several players on nice afternoons and weekends.
There are so many good courses in Austin, and a few decent courses in San Antonio, so drawing folks out to the Hill Country to play DG could be tough. If you make it an amazing destination you'd likely draw folks from all over (like Selah) but if you are counting on regular weekly traffic out of Austin or San Antonio you might be disappointed.

And realistically, driving out of SW Austin or NW San Antonio isn't a fun trip most of the time. So much traffic and congestion that it won't be a quick or easy trip.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 832
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 12 Posts

I drive about 50 miles once or twice a month to go play Rolling Ridge but i'd pay 10 bucks easily for a day. (Usually crash in my Jeep and play the Ridge in the morning too)

Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 19 Posts

I drive about 55 miles to play the courses in Lynchburg, I drive 40 miles to play Elk Creek in Appomattox, so if it was a top notch course I would probably easily play once a month early season and late and twice a month when the weather was nice. $10 is no problem if there is a very good course or two solid courses (i.e. Blockhouse) or even a nice pitch and putt with a 4+ rated Main course (Angry and Eager Beaver).