Old 05-04-2021, 08:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 195 Times in 76 Posts

When i actually got involved with the club and saw how running events actually works. I suck at disc golf but i love puting on a fun event or is this just he lightbulb form moment, i don't have any of those, if i wasn't a good putter i would probably just quit.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2021, 10:55 AM

Courses Played: 5
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Maybe a lightbulb moment now that Udi*k wants 4.99 to KEEP SCORE...guess I'm playing by Steady Ed rules now "whoever has the most fun wins"!
Old 05-04-2021, 10:56 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azplaya25 View Post
This is more of a lightbulb about goal setting with form work that I had recently...if you are trying to improve your distance , going to the field trying to hit a specific distance goal is really not beneficial. You often end up frustrated and just reinforcing whatever bad habits are holding you back. Instead, try going to the field with a goal of hitting the same distance you have been throwing, but with 20% less effort. Focusing on less effort will keep you loose and get you to slow down and you’ll probably end up smoothing one out there 40 feet further than you’ve ever thrown.
This is great advice. I've coached for many years (volleyball), and always advocated "process over outcome". I still do. It's just hard to be patient with yourself!

As far as personal lightbulbs, mine is probably "the Elephant Walk reset button". I'm still pretty new at this (8 months in), and I don't have form/muscle memory locked in. But nearly every time I'm struggling with X (rounding, slips, griplock/bad line, etc.), it's been very useful to slow down, take those heavy steps, and find that legato rhythm and "late" arm. Just a couple of those and I'm usually back in reasonable form and can feel where I went wrong.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-04-2021, 01:08 PM
Par Member

Niced 145 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedFlipCurves View Post
Maybe a lightbulb moment now that Udi*k wants 4.99 to KEEP SCORE...guess I'm playing by Steady Ed rules now "whoever has the most fun wins"!
Boy have I got news for you. Wait till you find out they just announced it'll be $15.99 going forward!
Old 05-04-2021, 03:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 607 Times in 346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
Boy have I got news for you. Wait till you find out they just announced it'll be $15.99 going forward!
Old 05-04-2021, 03:44 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Per the email I got from UDisc, the actual amount is increasing to $14.99.

But until May 17 you can re-up at $4.99 and extend your current account for one more year.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-04-2021, 08:33 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by navel View Post
Could you elaborate a bit on Gurthie's demo and tips? What changes did you make to get the nose down? "Lifting the disc up through the pull", what does that mean to him and you?
@waddball that link is exactly what I'm talking about.

Yeah it was interesting before I was keeping things pretty flat through the throw and when going for distance throw it flat and have it S curve.

Gurthie stepped up and threw some massive very high throws where the disc was high and anhyzering the entire way for like 600 feet. When going for distance I just think to keep the disc nose down and tilted right side down for the entire throw instead of an s curve. To do this at the back of your pull the disc is really low to the ground and on a hyzer angle and where you release it's much higher while having the release be anhyzer at the last second and very nose down, aiming way left of course. Thinking about it and watching that link posted after I do think having your wrist angled straight down may be the biggest key to make this work and the tip I'll give my buddy that's a year in trying to throw further.

Hope that helps, hard to explain with just words.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:45 PM

Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrance View Post
I wonder if that was Danny Lindahl since his catch phrase is "Slow is smooth, smooth is far."
I have tested this statement, and I can tell you that slow is smooth and smooth is 280'. These results are repeatable and verifiable. Science!

Niced: (1)