Old 11-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I did have 1st on Android with -18, but I just noticed someone -19'ed it. I actually had first on every config about 2 weeks into the update, but since then it has gotten super competitive.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 71 Times in 50 Posts

Everybody still playing this game?
Old 12-16-2015, 03:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Yup! Really enjoying the Pine Forest level. Easily the best course in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 100
Niced 501 Times in 197 Posts

Just realized the iOS update is available.
Probably gonna run my battery down in the next hour or two.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 46
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

yeah the iOS update is solid, timed out well for a slow day at work. now to pump up the putting meter. also, the Pine Forest level is indeed awesome.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

I have been playing this a ton. Really entertaining. Especially once the update came and made the courses so much more diverse.

I have few gripes though, that I'd like to list here.
1. On the new course layouts, 99% of the holes are putter shots. What's up with that? It's much more fun to manipulate lines with faster discs.
2. There are way too many holes where the tee pad is headed directly at a hill or a tree. They make the hole feel very gimmicky and unrealistic. There should be a clear fairway to at least try to hit. If you've gained enough power to go over the top then that should be just an alternative route.
3. The island greens on the beach course are ridiculous.
4. The courses are a bit too easy. It's quite easy to birdie out some of the courses. The difficulty should be increased by tighter fairways and longer holes, not by impossible greens or unrealistic lines.
5. The baskets are letting discs through and spitting out too often. I can live with some spit outs, but disc floating through is just irritating. Sure, this usually happens only if I don't hit it dead center, but still some reaction from basket would be nice.
6. The estimated line is way off. I'm not sure if it's because I already improved my stats before the update, but generally I need to "overthrow" each basket some 30-50ft.
7. The lines get messed up sometimes. I could be aiming a power drive with a driver and the line is heading to the ground after 50ft. Clearly a bug, but don't quite know when/why it happens.
8. Camera gets messed up. Similar bug, but in this case the camera angle goes just straight up or down and it's impossible to shift it towards the basket.

Eventhough the list of issues seems long, I still enjoy the game and think it's the best one out there (at the moment). So hopefully the guys will keep improving and adding on the nice product.

Last edited by Snaques; 04-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:09 AM

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 6
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Is somebody still developing this, or has the whole project been abandoned?
Old 04-29-2016, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 100
Niced 501 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopuli View Post
Seems that Android version is further along than the iPhone version. Waiting on the replay upgrade for the iOS

But this happened yesterday:
Old 04-29-2016, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 76 Times in 49 Posts

I cant play this any more since the latest update. It keeps freezing and crashing on my galaxy s3. I think it doesnt have enugh computing power

Old 04-29-2016, 01:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 109
Niced 349 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
I have been playing this a ton. Really entertaining. Especially once the update came and made the courses so much more diverse.

I have few gripes though, that I'd like to list here.
1. On the new course layouts, 99% of the holes are putter shots. What's up with that? It's much more fun to manipulate lines with faster discs.
2. There are way too many holes where the tee pad is headed directly at a hill or a tree. They make the hole feel very gimmicky and unrealistic. There should be a clear fairway to at least try to hit. If you've gained enough power to go over the top then that should be just an alternative route.
3. The island greens on the beach course are ridiculous.
4. The courses are a bit too easy. It's quite easy to birdie out some of the courses. The difficulty should be increased by tighter fairways and longer holes, not by impossible greens or unrealistic lines.
5. The baskets are letting discs through and spitting out too often. I can live with some spit outs, but disc floating through is just irritating. Sure, this usually happens only if I don't hit it dead center, but still some reaction from basket would be nice.
6. The estimated line is way off. I'm not sure if it's because I already improved my stats before the update, but generally I need to "overthrow" each basket some 30-50ft.
7. The lines get messed up sometimes. I could be aiming a power drive with a driver and the line is heading to the ground after 50ft. Clearly a bug, but don't quite know when/why it happens.
8. Camera gets messed up. Similar bug, but in this case the camera angle goes just straight up or down and it's impossible to shift it towards the basket.

Eventhough the list of issues seems long, I still enjoy the game and think it's the best one out there (at the moment). So hopefully the guys will keep improving and adding on the nice product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopuli View Post
Definitely not abandoned.

I have been testing with them for quite some time. This is still in the very early stages, so a lot of the above concerns are valid, but not part of the game design for release. Notice that all of the holes just come from random seeds from computer-generated maps based on the different biomes. The courses are just made from 18 seeds that are interesting, but have no design on purpose, they were just seeds that we found to be fun or interesting.

The game that will be released will have holes that were designed, and actually I've heard some pretty neat things around this course design. But they will have the ability to make fairways with trees lining the edges, placing trees, the basket, teebox placement, all that.

My list of things for improvement include:
Flight characteristic of fade. It's hard to turn a corner. With a fresh OS disc, it shouldn't sweep gently left, it should have a much greater hook at the end.
Flight Characteristic of beating in turn. The turn kicks in very late, so much so that I use the opposite hand for getting around corners. For a hard fade left at the end, I throw a beat up disc RHFH and it bends left more than an OS RHBH
Basket Physics, general spit outs. It is not perfect but there is a logic to it. Hard putts, weak side putts go through more. Lower putts, slower putts stick well. I believe in a game they should stick more putts, it is a game it doesn't need to to be too life like, if I wanted spit outs I'd play for real.
Hole Distances - they are all set up to be Par 3s. Mainly I think due to random seed generation parameters. In the future with designed holes I hope for Par4 and Par5 holes.
Disc preview line - I used to be able to set the line and average an ace per 18 holes. Just a slight adjustment for wind and hit all kinds of metal. A recent update with power settings and player attributes makes it hard to hit the center of the target on release. Hitting 100% power is easy but rarely to I hit the release point well. The preview though does not reflect nearly as close to actual anymore.
Headwind/Tailwind - this seems to not quite be right - headwind loses distance as it stalls out early. Tailwind loses distance as the disc doesn't float right and just dies early. Like you said above, you need to overshoot the basket quite far regardless of wind. Side winds play accurately for me still.

From early on this game has matured a lot with a lot of awesome features, in my most humble voice some of the ideas came from me and other testers. It's pretty awesome in that regard. I love the proshop because IRL I'm very picky about disc color/weight/mold and I love cycling discs with a range of wear.

Yes, iOS takes a lot longer to push out updates, android is pretty much right away. Looking forward for things to come!