Old 03-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 45 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab Man View Post
We always talk about the responsibilities of the folks who find disc, and how unethical the behavior is of people who don't return disc. But what I would like to see is a discussion on the responsibilities for those who inks their disc. If I find a disc with ink, you get a text. But once you reply, you need to follow through.
Amen. And return the text within a day (hours), not a week or two later. And do tell me how you're going to come and pick it up at a location convenient to me (my home, my work) or how you're sending me money right now through Paypal to ship it to you.

The finder has zero responsibility to be put out and to make arrangements. I can see why people get jaded on returning discs and just leave them where they lie.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2018, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 314
Niced 2,274 Times in 1,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_smith View Post
Quote:
We always talk about the responsibilities of the folks who find disc, and how unethical the behavior is of people who don't return disc. But what I would like to see is a discussion on the responsibilities for those who inks their disc. If I find a disc with ink, you get a text. But once you reply, you need to follow through.
Amen. And return the text within a day (hours), not a week or two later. And do tell me how you're going to come and pick it up at a location convenient to me (my home, my work) or how you're sending me money right now through Paypal to ship it to you.

The finder has zero responsibility to be put out and to make arrangements. I can see why people get jaded on returning discs and just leave them where they lie.

The owner of the lost disc needs to remember "who's doing whom the favor."

Old 03-30-2018, 11:34 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 835 Times in 401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_smith View Post

Agreed. If you are worried about the owner of the disc being some sort of parasite who will expect you do go to the effort and expense of getting the disc to him, then simply send him a text saying that you found his disc at such and such a course and are now on your way home, but left the disc under the trash can at x location, and leave it at that. They can make their own arrangements to retrieve it or not.

Personally, I call the number, because there is about a 50% chance that they just left it behind and are two fairways in front of me. If they do not answer, then I give the line stated in the previous paragraph. It's not so terribly difficult, and I have never experienced any problems when doing this.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 34
Niced 345 Times in 217 Posts

One time whilest playing a round with my boys a group caught up to us as we had twice the players. These guys were just carrying a couple discs a piece. I recognized one of the discs as it was a dyemax, and asked my buddy hey isn't that your disc, he said yeah. And we told him to hand it over, which he didn't hesitate to do. The disc had my friends name and number on it and had lost it a couple weeks prior on the same course and this guy was just playing with it paying it no mind. Some people are just scrubs.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 336 Times in 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
... Some people are just scrubs.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 148 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post

More lame: The last desk I found on the course was Had a name and number. Guy walks up to me as I’m punching digits. Had just dropped it five minutes prior. The end
Thats pretty incredible. You might be the first to find and attempt to return a desk that was dropped on the course! From the sounds of it, it wasn't the first one either!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:34 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,108 Times in 743 Posts

Burn it 4 sure.

Wtf? You seriously posted this thread?
Old 03-30-2018, 11:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,984 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Burn it 4 sure.

Wtf? You seriously posted this thread?
some people need attention

negative or positive

Old 03-31-2018, 10:57 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 45 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
That's good you want it back, you have two options.

A) you can meet me at a local course and I will gladly give it to you. (I'm there most days)

B) I can leave it at my leagues lost and found. You need an ID with the name matching the disc on it. If it's not collected within a couple months they sell it and use the money for course maintenance and stuff.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

Lost and and found, or just leave it...they may be on their way back. Sometimes you dont want your phone number to be public knowledge.if your taking discs that are marked bc they dont have a number and its too much "work". Your a theif. Please just leave it there. We will get it back to them.