#51  
Old 02-15-2019, 12:46 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,894
Niced 1,071 Times in 595 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Huh, you really that sold without even trying one? Watching videos of people throwing the Luna, it looks significantly more stable than a baseline Pure. I guess maybe you could work a Luna in for a while to cover the same lines eventually, but I wouldn't away put your worked in Pures just yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by discflinger View Post
No, I am not jumping the boat, just excited about getting OOP discs out of my bag. Admittedly, I would like a tic more stability. I would get a 170 to compliment the 175; jump putts and such...

It's really more about feel in the hand. I used to putt with XDs, so I like the low profile for my release.
Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 PM
discflinger's Avatar
discflinger discflinger is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Junction
Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 153
Posts: 1,064
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.
For those longer putts I do like the extra glide associated with the lighter weight.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,801
Niced 552 Times in 340 Posts
Default

I gave the Luna another try today am going to put it away. Just not clicking with it. It's a bit too thin for me to get confident releases with my fan grip & the plastic feels odd. Moving on.....

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-17-2019, 09:23 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,150
Niced 134 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.
Not only that, jawbreaker is a good plastic compliment to the luna. I did this exact thing and when it gets cold out, the roach comes out as the putter. I also use it for up shots while the Luna’s is my main putting putter and drive off the tee putter
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 PM
mark996's Avatar
mark996 mark996 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: DFW
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,486
Niced 73 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Putting the Luna away. Going back to my pro d challengers. I've played 6 rounds with it with a lot of putting and it just doesn't hit with me. It's not the disc obviously, it feels good, goes dead straight and has a lot of glide, just not what I was looking for in a putter. I noticed a lot of strong side spit outs that I usually don't have with my challengers.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-18-2019, 09:04 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,801
Niced 552 Times in 340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
Putting the Luna away. Going back to my pro d challengers. I've played 6 rounds with it with a lot of putting and it just doesn't hit with me. It's not the disc obviously, it feels good, goes dead straight and has a lot of glide, just not what I was looking for in a putter. I noticed a lot of strong side spit outs that I usually don't have with my challengers.
I got a lot of spit-outs too. I think the Luna will be more successful as a thrower in premium plastics.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:12 AM
Yxebrew Yxebrew is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 407
Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Can anyone compare the flight of these to a proxy?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:35 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,150
Niced 134 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Can anyone compare the flight of these to a proxy?
Proxy is going to be less stable. You can flip a proxy and get it to turn. On a hyzer angle the Luna will hold that angle. Small hyzer will get you a hyper flip but no turn just a dead straight flight

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:56 PM
Yxebrew Yxebrew is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 407
Niced 77 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
Proxy is going to be less stable. You can flip a proxy and get it to turn. On a hyzer angle the Luna will hold that angle. Small hyzer will get you a hyper flip but no turn just a dead straight flight
How far are you throwing your putters?
I find my proxy doesn’t really flip, I think this soft neutron is more stable than the average proxy. I doubt I’m throwing it on anything more than 250’?
Reply With Quote
 

  #60  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:43 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,150
Niced 134 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
How far are you throwing your putters?
I find my proxy doesn’t really flip, I think this soft neutron is more stable than the average proxy. I doubt I’m throwing it on anything more than 250’?
yeah i can get it out to max 300 typically, 250 though. its been a while since i have thrown a proxy though, maybe the one i threw was seasoned. i honestly can’t remember

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul McBeth prototypes turbosteve Discs 20 02-06-2019 09:18 AM
SmashBoxxTV Presents Battle at Blue Lake - Paul McBeth, Paul Ulibarri, Steve Rico, Ke Old Bassman Tournaments & Leagues 7 08-11-2014 06:33 PM
Paul McBeth S-P2! DiscNutt123 The Marketplace 0 05-24-2013 10:45 AM
Paul McBeth S P2's Rocaholic74 The Marketplace 1 04-19-2013 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.