Old 06-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6854 View Post
I think Lat64 is gonna drop a ton. Most of their drivers are never talked about and I don't see most in stores. The overmolds and a few putters will go too. I could see lat really scale back and slowly release new disc to refill the lineup.
I'd forgotten about the overmolds, which is probably all the more reason they should go OOP.

Lat64 has some really good molds. The River and the Saint are popular, as a couple of examples. But yes, they could drop some of those really high-speed drivers...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Par Member

Niced 197 Times in 71 Posts

Latitude 64's Maul has been a criminally underrated disc it's whole life but that just pretty well guarantees it gets cut. Shame.

It sits between the Hatchet and Underworld so I will need to force those two to hit the Maul lines assuming they don't get cut.

I'm also bagging a Stag that many are suggesting might get cut. One good thing there, from reviews it sounds like the new DD Vandal will fly a lot like the Stag.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,063 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
Latitude 64's Maul has been a criminally underrated disc it's whole life but that just pretty well guarantees it gets cut. Shame.

It sits between the Hatchet and Underworld so I will need to force those two to hit the Maul lines assuming they don't get cut.

I'm also bagging a Stag that many are suggesting might get cut. One good thing there, from reviews it sounds like the new DD Vandal will fly a lot like the Stag.
Im hanging onto my Vandal just in case the Stag gets axed, but if it does Ill probably buy 3-4 first then transition out when they are either lost or too beat.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 457 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Im hanging onto my Vandal just in case the Stag gets axed, but if it does Ill probably buy 3-4 first then transition out when they are either lost or too beat.
Yeah I'm keeping my eye on Stags too. There appears to be a healthy supply in most web stores, plus my local shop has at least 10 in stock. I feel pretty confident that I could snag another 4-5 to add to the 2 I already have, even if I wait for the official OOP announcement. I do have a birthday coming up in a few weeks, so if I get gift cards prior to the announcement then I'll probably stock up then. But I'm not going to scare myself into spending my own cash on what at this point is only idle speculation. Especially since I have multiple molds potentially on the chopping block, and I could easily guess wrong and spend $100 on the wrong mold.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Par Member

Niced 52 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'd forgotten about the overmolds, which is probably all the more reason they should go OOP.

Lat64 has some really good molds. The River and the Saint are popular, as a couple of examples. But yes, they could drop some of those really high-speed drivers...
Yeah they definitely have some good fairways but for distance drivers I'm not sure what stays besides recoil and ballista pro. Missilen, raketen, knight, Cutlass, Halo, havoc, bolt, and scythe could probably all be gone. Fairways they have a bunch of really similar groups (falchion/saint pro/striker) and (explorer/spark/River pro)
Old 06-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 83 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post

LOVE the maul! My opto sits between my Elasto Hatchet (stable side of Hatchets) and my Tournament Hatchet (Flips easily).
Old 06-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6854 View Post
Yeah they definitely have some good fairways but for distance drivers I'm not sure what stays besides recoil and ballista pro. Missilen, raketen, knight, Cutlass, Halo, havoc, bolt, and scythe could probably all be gone. Fairways they have a bunch of really similar groups (falchion/saint pro/striker) and (explorer/spark/River pro)
The Missilen and Rakaten(sp?) are failed experiments that have no need to continue. I thought the Havoc was fairly popular. I like the Bolt, but would understand if it was taken out. I'm concerned that they'll OOP the Falchion; it's a really great mold. And yes, the River Pro and maybe the Saint Pro could find themselves headed for the exits.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Quote:
The Missilen and Rakaten(sp?) are failed experiments that have no need to continue. I thought the Havoc was fairly popular. I like the Bolt, but would understand if it was taken out. I'm concerned that they'll OOP the Falchion; it's a really great mold. And yes, the River Pro and maybe the Saint Pro could find themselves headed for the exits.
I tried a River Pro and it didnt do much for me. Similar to a Leo3 or the new Fox Spirit in many ways but that deep rim feels very odd.

St.Pro is a JohnE disc right? He might be able to save it.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I tried a River Pro and it didnt do much for me. Similar to a Leo3 or the new Fox Spirit in many ways but that deep rim feels very odd.

St.Pro is a JohnE disc right? He might be able to save it.
I don't remember, but I won't bet against you on the McCray Saint Pro.

I always thought the Leo3 was closer to the River than the River Pro. I never tried the River Pro, because what I heard about it wasn't all that good. The River itself is an awesome mold; I just wish it could've been made in something truly durable like Champion or Star plastic...

Old 06-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Quote:
I don't remember, but I won't bet against you on the McCray Saint Pro.

I always thought the Leo3 was closer to the River than the River Pro. I never tried the River Pro, because what I heard about it wasn't all that good. The River itself is an awesome mold; I just wish it could've been made in something truly durable like Champion or Star plastic...
The newest Gold/TP feels a lot like old star. Havent tried to thrash one yet but it feels promising.