Old 06-18-2019, 06:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 83 Times in 52 Posts

I finally got a pair of Vandals so I went out field to test them against some other fairways. First off - I love this disc. I love slightly understable glidey fairways as they work well for my game in the tight woods of NC that often don't allow for late fade (tunnel shots). So... the Vandal feels great in the hand with a mild dome and a moderate rim width (feels very similar in hand to an escape). On to flight... I don't have a big arm (a touch over 300) and for me I get a bit of turn followed by a long straight path and just a touch of fade at the end. This is a very long disc disc for a fairway due to the glide and the minimal low speed stability (finishes a touch left but doesn't dump out of the air at all). I compared it to a number of similar discs (neutral to understable fairways) for comparison and the Vandal is right up there with the same or greater distance than any of them (really easy to get distance out of this one). Comparing this disc to others with regards to overall stability I'd say it fits in here Escape>Saint>Vandal=Falchion>Elasto Hatchet (more stable than other Hatchets)>River (Cerberus stamp - understable for Rivers). All of these discs are in the same ballpark so differences are minor. I currently bag Escapes and Elasto Hatchets for my neutral to understable drivers and am not sure if I need to fill this small gap in stability. So... LOVE the VANDAL but not sure I need it - too many discs and only so many slots in the bag.

One thing has me curious. The Vandal flies almost identically to the Falchion and the Falchion never took off in popularity whereas the Vandal seems to be getting great reviews from those who have thrown it. Why no love for the Falchion?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2019, 08:02 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,211 Times in 1,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
To a point you are right, but I have some issues with the right shoulder that made the pull really wide when I started that and it was shorter if it didn’t.

Maybe now that I’ve got much cleaner form I’ll try to Phase it out.
If it's working for you, keep it up.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 850 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46YearOldSlinger View Post

One thing has me curious. The Vandal flies almost identically to the Falchion and the Falchion never took off in popularity whereas the Vandal seems to be getting great reviews from those who have thrown it. Why no love for the Falchion?
I think the Falchion is longer, but have not been able to throw them side by side. Hope to soon. BTW, I love Falchions.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Par Member

Niced 198 Times in 71 Posts

I'm trying to settle on a fairway between my hatchet and and longbowman. Currently I have a stag there. Any thoughts on the vandal in that slot?
Old 06-19-2019, 02:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 104 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I think the Falchion is longer, but have not been able to throw them side by side. Hope to soon. BTW, I love Falchions.
I practiced for my local Trilogy challenge with a Falchion in place of the Vandal. I ended up liking both discs after I threw them. I do slightly prefer the Falchion, I agree it feels longer. Just being nitpicky but a few times the Vandal flipped over on me and kept riding right, the Falchion seems a wee bit more stable. Could just be disc variation.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,063 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
If it's working for you, keep it up.
Tried not doing it last week and got nose up a ton, may not make that change for a change just yet.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:43 AM
Par Member

Niced 39 Times in 36 Posts

So I finally got to play my Trilogy Challenge this past weekend, and the TC Vandals flew MUCH different for me than the prototype that I had thrown did. I was only able to get slight amounts of turn out of it, and it largely flew straight with a slightly overstable finish....Has anyone else noticed this, or did maybe our TC have a domey run of them?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:45 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerswimmer89 View Post
So I finally got to play my Trilogy Challenge this past weekend, and the TC Vandals flew MUCH different for me than the prototype that I had thrown did. I was only able to get slight amounts of turn out of it, and it largely flew straight with a slightly overstable finish....Has anyone else noticed this, or did maybe our TC have a domey run of them?
I didn’t throw the proto Vandals, but I bought a few TC Vandals from Infinite and they’re great flip to flat and glide super straight for a very long time. I didn’t get a lot of turn out of new ones, but I have a seasoned TC that is my flip to late turn fairway driver. If I let it go with any amount of anhy it’s gonna turn and never come back, though.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:07 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,063 Times in 685 Posts

I had one TC Vandal that was very much a straight to fade fairway with very slight turn, much like a fresh Stag or TL, and another(same weight and just slightly lower wing profile) that was incredibly hard to manage due to how much turn/lack of fade or had.

There was for sure some variation in those. I don’t know that color is the key to it, but the dark blue was stable and orange was flippy.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:59 PM
Par Member

Niced 60 Times in 30 Posts

I have been hearing from some folks here in South Florida that the Vandal has been disappointing and not the longer Maverick as advertised.

Niced: (1)