Old 07-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Par Member

Niced 105 Times in 70 Posts

Just finishing the final round. Didn’t think the commentary revealed results, more just the nature of golf. Tough to make up strokes
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2019, 01:26 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 835 Times in 401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
Eagle giving away his bag like that is the type of gesture that could really propel his stardom and potentially end up being very lucrative in a disc golf rich country like Finland.

Eagle could be to Finland, what Hasselhoff is to Germany.

What did Hasselhoff give away?
Old 07-24-2019, 01:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 992 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
I'm with you on this. I think Nate and Jerm are great, but I think Perkins has a knack for this too
Terry (The disc golf guy) and Nate Sexton would be a fantastic combo. However.....Dixon Jowers & Robert McCall in the booth at the next DGPT event will be interesting, especially if they take into consideration some of the negative comments in the past.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:42 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,214 Times in 1,629 Posts

My favorite lead commentator is CCDG's Ian. One reason is because he is so excellent at getting the most out of his color/analyst partner, be it a male or female. Big Jerm is okay; Ian would make him better. Ian and Nate Sexton would be a good pairing, as well.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,228 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
What did Hasselhoff give away?
Dignity

Old 07-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 144
Niced 279 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
That was a fun tournament to watch and that last round had some crazy good shots. I will say Nate and Jerm kind of ruined it for me a bit. They were so focused on Paul starting on hole 1, that they should have just come out and said that he was going to win before the round even started. I avoided all social media to still have that surprise aspect of the coverage, but knew Paul won right away based on their dialogue. Eagle had tied for the lead at one point and their comment was Paul is only 1 back now. Really guys? You can't just ignore everyone else. I really liked that course though. I feel like so many of the courses they play are built for the top guys to win. If you don't have a 500' drive you literally do not have a chance to win. This course you could be a 400' guy and still hit all of those shots as placement was a lot more important. I really like that everyone could have a chance if they played well.
The thing I picked up on right from the start wasn't that Paul was coming back (like you I managed to avoid the result until I watched it). The thing I picked up right away was that Tamm would be somewhat in the hunt throughout the round. They were clear right away "this guy's a player!" (or similar things, I'm not watching to quote directly) in a way that they, simply put, usually aren't about other 'random' names that wind up on the lead.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 170
Niced 728 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
Just finishing the final round. Didn’t think the commentary revealed results, more just the nature of golf. Tough to make up strokes
The womans coverage ruined the results for me. Im off of facebook and insta finally so there is no worry about spoilers (I got off for non dg reasons). I watched the coverage when it came out on youtube. Womans came out first so I watched those and the final round B9 of the womans coverage showed the leaderboard for the mens coverage and ruined the whole thing. I was pissed. I try to support the ladies but now Im not going to watch their coverage because of what happened here.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-24-2019, 04:23 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
Eagle giving away his bag like that is the type of gesture that could really propel his stardom and potentially end up being very lucrative in a disc golf rich country like Finland.

Eagle could be to Finland, what Hasselhoff is to Germany.
Most people might look at this as awesome but I see this as a negative for Eagle. It seems like he is saying that its the discs fault that he lost the tournament and he has to get all new ones if he wants to try to win. I think he still needs to work on his mental game a lot.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:32 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.7
Courses Played: 692
Niced 1,687 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Most people might look at this as awesome but I see this as a negative for Eagle. It seems like he is saying that its the discs fault that he lost the tournament and he has to get all new ones if he wants to try to win. I think he still needs to work on his mental game a lot.
Perhaps the message is more that Discmania discs are so consistent that he can trust that replacements will fly as he expects?

Old 07-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Perhaps the message is more that Discmania discs are so consistent that he can trust that replacements will fly as he expects?
Never thought of it that way. That could be as well. I guess we dont really know unless he says why but even then theres no way to tell if he is telling the truth.