#1071  
Old 08-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,764
Niced 789 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
But Dave Dunipace just loves V-Tech. Maybe he'll put out a V-Eagle one day soon.
Or V-Shark, we know how much Dave loves the Shark, he uses the Star and G-Star in his bag and before Star became a plastic he had the DX. Merging the two loves might make the disc he really wanted, a no bead V-ROC.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1072  
Old 08-07-2019, 03:55 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,162
Niced 2,208 Times in 1,623 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Or V-Shark, we know how much Dave loves the Shark, he uses the Star and G-Star in his bag and before Star became a plastic he had the DX. Merging the two loves might make the disc he really wanted, a no bead V-ROC.
By definition, the V-tech discs have beads, so it won't be an unbeaded V-Roc. And that may be why there is no V-Shark.

But a V-Eagle3? I can see DD doing that, adding the V-Eagle or V-Eagle3 to the Eagle family as he added the V-Roc to the Roc family...

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1073  
Old 08-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,764
Niced 789 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
By definition, the V-tech discs have beads, so it won't be an unbeaded V-Roc. And that may be why there is no V-Shark.

But a V-Eagle3? I can see DD doing that, adding the V-Eagle or V-Eagle3 to the Eagle family as he added the V-Roc to the Roc family...
Unfortunately I could See Dave D Doing that, but what fairway Driver would Dave D use to make V Tech? I could also see Dave taking an old Eagle mold that is slightly not working in the nose, that part got messed up and make a + mold Eagle Before he makes a 3 top that tons of people and sponsored pros have been asking for.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1074  
Old 08-12-2019, 01:11 PM
JewBoy's Avatar
JewBoy JewBoy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Courses Played: 21
Posts: 46
Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

My throwers

11x glow Champ L mold 10 years in the bag
10x pro L mold 7 years in the bag

The 10x feels more like se than ce but it's definitely not the junk 9xs were made of

The 11x is still as stable as the day it went in that old glow just doesn't wear out��

Got my first ace first throw with the 11x back in 09
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1565626219226713941410935029291.jpg (70.3 KB, 41 views)


Last edited by JewBoy; 08-12-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Adding info
Reply With Quote
  #1075  
Old 08-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Suspect Suspect is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Philly burbs
Posts: 356
Niced 108 Times in 75 Posts
Default

I am really liking the Climo 11x Eagle L Champ. The rim is a little flatter IMO compared to regular Eagles, but this is a disc that is great for your first OS disc, and even when you become much better it's a disc I see people using a lot.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1076  
Old 08-19-2019, 03:15 PM
thirtydirtybirds thirtydirtybirds is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The cut north of the confluence, MD
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,447
Niced 465 Times in 282 Posts
Default

But the bullet, bought a pair of Barsby swirls to try out. I can’t help myself with eagles. Hoping the turn beats in fairly quick, but the fade stays. Eagles are the superior east coast woods driver.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1077  
Old 08-19-2019, 03:25 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,749
Niced 595 Times in 435 Posts
Default

decided to get back to an eagle - I luckily found a couple champion glow eagles (x mold) They are BEEFY and just what I was hoping for. One of my original drivers was a milk white CE Eagle that was a lil beat up. Flew amazing...I'll always remember that disc. Its now in a lake somewhere But I got these and should stay nice n stable for a long time.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1078  
Old 08-20-2019, 12:26 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,764
Niced 789 Times in 669 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewBoy View Post
My throwers

11x glow Champ L mold 10 years in the bag
10x pro L mold 7 years in the bag

The 10x feels more like se than ce but it's definitely not the junk 9xs were made of

The 11x is still as stable as the day it went in that old glow just doesn't wear out��

Got my first ace first throw with the 11x back in 09
Those 9 x Eagles are junk, they and all other discs from that same year of CE explode for no reason at all.

11x is true Champion and yes if you got the flat top X mold then yeah it will be OS more so being the old glow Champion plastic.

There is one version of CE that is like Pro and what is now Champion mixed that is really nice for a disc, the disc being like Champion but not able to see thought the plastic.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1079  
Old 08-20-2019, 12:52 AM
JewBoy's Avatar
JewBoy JewBoy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Courses Played: 21
Posts: 46
Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Those 9 x Eagles are junk, they and all other discs from that same year of CE explode for no reason at all.

11x is true Champion and yes if you got the flat top X mold then yeah it will be OS more so being the old glow Champion plastic.

There is one version of CE that is like Pro and what is now Champion mixed that is really nice for a disc, the disc being like Champion but not able to see thought the plastic.

Yeah I'm guessing my l molds we're ran before the x mold 10xs cause while they are definitely a CE blend they are not as champy as the x mold 10xs I've ......it's just an absolute pleasure to hold I just wish I had a couple back ups
Reply With Quote
 

  #1080  
Old 08-21-2019, 12:47 AM
ponder ponder is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 496
Niced 263 Times in 151 Posts
Default

My DX eagle is getting too beat and it’s losing most of its stability. Probably flies similar to an FD now. I need a premium plastic eagle but it’s a bitch finding good ones that aren’t super overstable or domey.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Line Leopard, never-stamped Eagle, 12 Eagle backblunt The Marketplace 6 02-05-2013 05:40 PM
9x & 11x Eagle, Soft Rhyno, CE Firebird, Pearly Spider and more Need a CE Eagle X plasticaddict49491 The Marketplace 2 06-22-2012 04:31 AM
11x TEEBIRD/EAGLE AND 10X EAGLE - CHEAP bmast The Marketplace 0 10-29-2011 09:02 PM
11x Eagle 'L', Dx Eagle X, Pearly Barry Beast, Cryztal Z BUZZZ blackandwhite The Marketplace 1 06-23-2011 11:50 AM
2nd Annual Eagle Ice Bowl - Eagle, CO - 1/30/11 klay Tournaments & Leagues 11 01-29-2011 08:20 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.