Old 10-16-2019, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,365 Times in 1,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
This post cuts right through the bs like a light saber. It’s like art only more informative.
An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 146
Niced 353 Times in 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
Biscoe nailed it. For our largest event top tier pros have an exclusive window to sign up. Usually anyone 1020 rated and above, and then it opens up to a slightly wider base of players. Finally, it will open up for all players. But usually only after 1000+ rated players have at least a week, usually more to sign up.

It has been this way for 2 or 3 years now if I recall for most of the Elite level events. This is why I feel no sympathy for any top pros on waiting lists.
At least for 2020, the NT registration schedule will require at a week each for 1000+, then 985+, then 970+, and then open to all 900+.

Pro Worlds in 2019 was 2-3 weeks each:
Apr 19 - 1000+
May 3 - 985+
May 24 - 970+
June 14 - All Pros
June 28 - Open to Ams 970+
Aug 2 - Registration closes
Old 10-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 523
Niced 153 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Maybe they need to include banning anyone under 900 from volunteering also. Sub par people don't belong on the course.
I quit volunteering after dealing with "pro" attitudes. Best decision I ever made.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.3
Courses Played: 212
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

This is odd. I kind of understand the thought process behind it. But why not allow anyone to play in the Open division if there are spots available? Sure there should be a tiered registration system that allows the best players the option of signing up first. But the open division should remain open to everyone regardless of rating. Will someone with no rating who is new to the PDGA be allowed to play in one of these events?

Kind of silly do have to actually make a rule for this. It should be up to the TD’s on how they want to do registration eventually these top tier events may all be invite only? Til then pffft.

Though I did have a friend register as a Pro with the pdga back in 2001 because he feared that someday not everyone would be allowed to play as a pro.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,177 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Uh, Soooooooo, you are crazy. That guy is a terrible speaker. And that TedX looks like a one man show with no audience. TedX is a joke.
Yeah, he is not good, but you have to admire someone whom is not afraid to try odd and new things.

On a different note, I prefer TedX over Ted; most of the Ted talks are stale, safe and predictable.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 581 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
No, if you are a bad golfer you just shouldn't be competing with the best golfers. Yes you do bring down their games.
This brings up a story for me. I was playing golf with my father in law at his extremely exclusive country club. We are both terrible golfers, but have fun. They put us on a card with two guys that are playing their final match for the club championship. Turns out the winner got $20k. We tried to get off their card multiple times but the ranger would not allow us to split up. The guy that was losing was absolutely pissed having to watch my father in law and I hack up and down the course.

We ended up walking off after 9 holes because it was just too unfortunate to carry on.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 581 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
For the record, I am not on or involved with the committee that passed this decision nor am I on the BOD that voted for this. I also did not publicly comment during the discussion. I was honestly just in the crowd, as any PDGA member could (and many were) with my phone in my hand.

For the record, Ultiworld never contacted me to source me. Granted, what I said was true and posted publicly, but it's slightly concerning they just ran with it. I absolutely could have been joking and have made comments sarcastically before especially online.

It's absolutely shocking that they just ran with it without even asking me "hey is this true or were you kidding." It truly makes me not believe anything on their site.
Ruh roh, time for another MTL boycott.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 26.6
Courses Played: 139
Niced 1,004 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Ruh roh, time for another MTL boycott.
Not at all. They can do as they wish. I'm just informing people if they choose to read their content.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-16-2019, 12:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,365 Times in 1,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Not at all. They can do as they wish. I'm just informing people if they choose to read their content.
Yeah, they really should use better, more reputable sources.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 115
Niced 291 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
This brings up a story for me. I was playing golf with my father in law at his extremely exclusive country club. We are both terrible golfers, but have fun. They put us on a card with two guys that are playing their final match for the club championship. Turns out the winner got $20k. We tried to get off their card multiple times but the ranger would not allow us to split up. The guy that was losing was absolutely pissed having to watch my father in law and I hack up and down the course.

We ended up walking off after 9 holes because it was just too unfortunate to carry on.
I call BS. No way in heck they: 1, are playing for 20K, and 2, put some random twosome on the card for the club championship.