Old 10-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,622 Times in 717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The human race disgusts me on some days.
The human race disgusts me every day!
Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2019, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 338 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Christian figures have a rich history of critical thinking, studies in logic, reason, philosophy, sciences, etc. Thomas More, Galileo, Copernicus, Marconi, Riemann, Pasteur, Lister, Kelvin, Lemaitre, Thirring, just to list some of the more famous ones.
There will always be exceptions to the rule, especially when the alternative is a death sentence administered by the theocracy. Faith and science are by definition at odds. We still see the effects of this in the 21st century.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-24-2019, 09:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,354 Times in 1,820 Posts

Can we not?

Old 10-24-2019, 10:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 269 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Can we not?
Right? Isnt there already a thread devoted to the futility of arguing religion?

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2019, 10:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,207 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Why are so many people being total asses here? Ricky may not be my favorite person in the world, but I sure the hell don't wish Lyme on anyone.

The human race disgusts me on some days.

You have a weird take on all this.

We don't wish Lymes on him, or anyone else for that matter.

We wish he would go see a doctor and treat it with antibiotics.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 23
Niced 269 Times in 140 Posts

Ive always had an irrational aversion to Ricky, so I dont know much about him personally. But after learning about his resistance to properly treating a disease, Im assuming if he has kids, they are not vaccinated either.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-24-2019, 11:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,172 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
You have a weird take on all this.

We don't wish Lymes on him, or anyone else for that matter.

We wish he would go see a doctor and treat it with antibiotics.
Really? Sounds like a bunch of holier than thou jerks to me. It's getting really hard to find a thread on here were the people actually talk and act like a person.

Ricky is a grown man, let him make his own decisions. It's his health.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-25-2019, 12:03 AM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 18 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Really? Sounds like a bunch of holier than thou jerks to me. It's getting really hard to find a thread on here were the people actually talk and act like a person.

Ricky is a grown man, let him make his own decisions. It's his health.
To me, the holier than thou jerk would be the guy who convinced Ricky that rubbing crystals on it or whatever is just as good as seeing a doctor and getting treated with antibiotics. He caught it early (Sept. 16th was when he first posted about noticing symptoms), he could be over this already. Instead, he's probably throwing his career away because of this weird contrarian belief that we should treat Karen on Facebook's opinion as just as valid as a doctor's. I'm glad we're talking about Lyme disease in this particular case, and not mumps or tuberculosis, a couple of diseases that are making a comeback because of this line of thinking.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.6
Courses Played: 67
Niced 1,740 Times in 563 Posts

Since Ricky hasn't chimed in to support or refute anyone's opinion, I'm gonna hold off acting like I know what he's thinking.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:44 AM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 18 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Since Ricky hasn't chimed in to support or refute anyone's opinion, I'm gonna hold off acting like I know what he's thinking.
He's made it pretty clear what he's thinking on his social media posts.

Sept. 16: "Not a good weekend for me. Im pretty sure I picked up Lyme Disease and started feeling the debilitating symptoms on Thursday. Didnt want to say anything as I hate making excuses but this disease is no joke and completely demoralized me. For 3 days straight I didnt sleep and laid in bed in the fetal position (minus the tournament rounds). I had the worst headache and fatigue ever as well as a stiff neck. Havent officially got tested but I will keep everyone updated. For those disc golfers that have had it before would you recommend the holistic treatment or the antibiotics?"

Oct. 1: "I Just wanted to update everybody on my Lyme fight. After fighting through the Lyme disease all last tournament in Vermont. It has gotten steadily worse and debilitating to the point that I can barely get out of bed. Ive been bed ridden and depressed for the last 3 weeks. While almost needing a cane to walk. This is definitely the type of disease you dont realize how bad it really is until you experience it for yourself. So as of now I am not able to finish out the last 3 events of the year and it crushes me to officially announce this. Being in the lead of the NT Points and near the top in the DGPT points makes it that much worse that I CANT play. Also being so close to winning The USDGC so many times and being so close to home this tournament means so much to me. So my official announcement is that I will not be able to physically play the last 3 events of the year. This really does crush me but I have no choice as Im so weak I can barely walk let alone try and throw a disc. Anyways good luck to everyone playing the USDGC Ill have to be a fan watching from bed. Raptor legs will be back I promise you that. Ill definitely be posting updates as much as possible."

Oct. 19: "Always great to be able to spend time with my brother @zack_wysocki . Being sick hes been here to help with so many things and Im so thankful for that."

On October 1st, Simon Lizotte had this to say: "I want to tell everyone that can, to get out their phones, message Ricky Wysocki, and tell him to stop messing with his career which he has worked so hard for ... I feel so bad for hearing what he's going through and the way he's trying to treat this ... PLEASE, Ricky, DON'T RISK YOUR FREAKING CAREER BY BEING CRAZY AND THINKING YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THE DOCTORS."

Ricky had also mentioned who the "natural doctor" was who was "treating him" on one of the above Instagram posts, but he later went back and deleted that.

Niced: (3)
Closed Thread