Old 04-16-2019, 06:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

Proxy is awesome straight... personally I think 100' is good for proxy straightness but I hopped the Proxy for the Spin. Thrown flat in electron it turns right out of the box, proton is solid too for that but it took me 3 months to get there. The inner core is rounded like an Ion or anode but it doesn't bother me. Under 100 it's straight.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 04-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 264 Times in 152 Posts

I have had the same issue with MVP putters being too fast and not powering down well. Got a neutron proxy to test out and it suffer from the same problem in my opinion. The only way to get it to fly straight at lower speeds is with an anhyzer release but if it’s too nose up it still won’t fly straight.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 460 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I have had the same issue with MVP putters being too fast and not powering down well. Got a neutron proxy to test out and it suffer from the same problem in my opinion. The only way to get it to fly straight at lower speeds is with an anhyzer release but if it’s too nose up it still won’t fly straight.
That's what I was worried about. I've got a tourney this coming weekend so I'm not going to make any bag changes now. But after that I may force myself to bag the Colts for a bit and see if they fill that gap. I seem to remember Colts powering down well.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:18 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 711 Times in 404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
That's what I was worried about. I've got a tourney this coming weekend so I'm not going to make any bag changes now. But after that I may force myself to bag the Colts for a bit and see if they fill that gap. I seem to remember Colts powering down well.
I respectfully disagree with ponder, during my brief love affair with the Proxy I had no issues throwing short shots straight. I will say I noticed they like the more "wrist flick" ultimate style throw with a limited reach back, rather than a smooth slower but full arm swing. Dat GYRO needs some spin. YMMV

Old 04-16-2019, 10:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Well if you're used to an Envy and want a "seasoned" ish and straight flight there's nothing to lose by getting a Neutron Proxy... if you want it to hold an anhyzer at 100' you either need extra height on the Proxy or if you want a flat panning anhyzer then get a Spin too. The Proxy seemed dumpy on its anhyzers.. Damn straight disc though..

I thought I would have liked the Proxy more but I'm a shorter range player with my putters.. Top out at 200' the shots I needed it for the Spin covers. Definitely tempted by the Proxy if I played a bigger bag I'd pack it but I always have a Comet and Spin... I can get a decent shallow anhyzer at 150-200' with an Envy and some height.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 04-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Proxy is a lot like my Tangent which is also in the bag... the point I missed with my edit is I probably use 2 or 3 discs to not pack a Proxy.. If I was throwing §y putters 300' I'd definitely have a Proxy.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:45 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 336 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Does the Proxy power down well for you? Is it still straight on 100'-150' approaches, or does it fade out more on shorter throw? I think what I really want is a slower disc than an Envy, but I'm not ready to commit to learning a completely different mold. Proxy is at least related to an Envy.
If a Proxy can be straight with very little fade on sub-150' approaches, then I think it can do what I want it to. If it can hold straight at short distances, then it should be able to easily hold a forced over anny at those low speeds. Otherwise I may need to branch out of gyro. May need to give one of my Colts another look, even though they feel gross in the hand.
Dead nuts straight. Perfect at powered down smooth shots. It's exactly how you describe.

I have soft Nuetron and I don't see fade or wiggle. It's just straight. helicopter landing.

Think Mike C has some proxy round videos. You should check em out.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 336 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post

Think Mike C has some proxy round videos. You should check em out.
Here's a few:

Mike C:
https://youtu.be/OJ6UsY42pyY

https://youtu.be/XtJfVs2RTx8

Nathan:
https://youtu.be/YdfcfEhIRQ8

Niced: (2)
Old 04-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 460 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well if you're used to an Envy and want a "seasoned" ish and straight flight there's nothing to lose by getting a Neutron Proxy... if you want it to hold an anhyzer at 100' you either need extra height on the Proxy or if you want a flat panning anhyzer then get a Spin too. The Proxy seemed dumpy on its anhyzers.. Damn straight disc though..

I thought I would have liked the Proxy more but I'm a shorter range player with my putters.. Top out at 200' the shots I needed it for the Spin covers. Definitely tempted by the Proxy if I played a bigger bag I'd pack it but I always have a Comet and Spin... I can get a decent shallow anhyzer at 150-200' with an Envy and some height.
Does the Spin feel similar in the hand to an Envy? Same core?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,381 Times in 2,312 Posts

Spin is the Ion core not the squarefinger friendly Envy core.