Old 08-19-2019, 11:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 384 Times in 152 Posts

8 of 10 highest rated players in field ended up in top 9. Calvin was 20th and Matty-O 18th.

Nikko and Eric O tied for 10th. Eric’s climb to well above what most people ever expected from him deserves mention.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2019, 11:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 976 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
8 of 10 highest rated players in field ended up in top 9.
Cool stat!

Quote:
Eric’s climb to well above what most people ever expected from him deserves mention.
Definitely.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:36 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 170
Niced 728 Times in 333 Posts

I was able to successfully only have one slight spoiler on the whole weekend. I stayed off of DGCR for the most part and If I came here I knew the risk and stayed away from it. I didnt go to pdga.com, I am off of all social media anyway. I wanted to watch live coverage but I was never able to because of the nonsensical way jomez and ccdg put out their videos. I dont understand why you put out your next day coverage exactly when the next round starts. I wanted to be caught up completely everyday so that I could join in on the live coverage but that just didn't work out. I watched every mpo round (first DD, then ccdg, then jomez then the live coverage) I had to watch DD and CCDG on mute since they talk about what the other players shot. My only slight spoiler was who was on the lead card for final round with the smashboxx thumbnail on youtube naming the players. Who is on the card wasnt too much of a spoiler but when the previous rounds arent even put out yet it kinda is. Overall, it isnt too hard to stay away from spoilers with some discipline

Niced: (1)
Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 493 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i dont care who they pick up i just want x wasps
LMAO, I feel like I have heard you mention this in 40 threads.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 493 Times in 237 Posts

I woke up Saturday and decided to grab the kids and head to Eureka from St. Louis. About 3 hours. My kids are 2.5 and 5, so I knew I couldn't be right on top of the MPO card, but just wanted to experience the vibe of Worlds. It was totally worth it.

Philo walked up and handed me a signed mini and said "for the kids". I expressed I was a huge fan and thanked him. My daughter of course excitedly grabbed the mini and chucked it down the hill as Philo walked away just missing him. Cool memory.

The crowd was absolutely roaring for Ricky. I don't know if middle IL is just a fan of Ricky, or if they wanted to see a battle, but when him and Paul were going shot for shot the crowd was noticeably louder every time Rick threw and he was loving it. He was on a mission. His body language was that of a lion chasing down a zebra. Once that 3 stroke swing happened on 5 I thought we were going to see a serious momentum switch, but Paul just kept the pedal down. Ricky did all he could. These 2 guys are true champions. They have Michael Jordan level focus and it's unbelievable to see.

When Paul finished they brought him back to a closed off area to tally scores and I guess get his bearings before awards. When Paul was in there Ricky walked up in the middle of the massive crowd that was waiting in front of the award stage and they erupted. He then began to high five everyone standing around and maintained a huge smile. It was such a great moment and I hope we get to see some images of it. It made me a bigger fan. There is no doubt that Ricky was feeling utter disappointment in that moment coming up just short of a world title, but when he walked into the crowd he put that aside and you could see the genuine gratitude he had for his fans, and them for him.

There was an army of volunteers out there and man where they doing work. I showed up right as MPO was about to tee off and they had all the spectator parking blocked off because it was full. They opened up a lot quite a ways from tourney central and had a shuttle service. Given I had both kids and a large stroller in tow I was thankful. I could tell this lot/shuttle was an on the fly operation so I had little hopes of getting shuttled back, but as I was leaving the main parking area to make the long trek with a couple of tired kiddos I saw the guy sitting in the van. I said, "Is this thing still going" and he said, "jump in". I'm just sharing this to illustrate how crazy it is to host an event of this magnitude on the backs of a bunch of volunteers and do it well. I saw so many folks in staff shirts hustling around. There is something special about a group of passionate folks working their ass off motivated solely by the love of the game.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 705 Times in 380 Posts

Quote:
Grady hasn’t had a great year either. Second highest-rated player to miss cut at Worlds.
Another good stadbit (stat-tidbit), nice! Who was the highest rated to miss it?
Old 08-19-2019, 12:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,971 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
LMAO, I feel like I have heard you mention this in 40 threads.
im full of passion and belief

im hoping that discraft listens to my cries and moaning and finally produces them

Niced: (2)
Old 08-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,207 Times in 1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
The crowd was absolutely roaring for Ricky. I don't know if middle IL is just a fan of Ricky, or if they wanted to see a battle, but when him and Paul were going shot for shot the crowd was noticeably louder every time Rick threw and he was loving it.

When Paul finished they brought him back to a closed off area to tally scores and I guess get his bearings before awards.
Excellent report, thanks for posting it.

You confirmed what Terry and Robert (and Dixon Jowers) commented several times about: the enthusiasm of the Wisocky crowd during the round.

Also: right after the round was over, either Wysocki or his caddy had the official scorecard of that group, and they had to go find it, so Paul and Emerson were sitting for a while in the clubhouse/scorekeeper area.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 976 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I was able to successfully only have one slight spoiler on the whole weekend.
Why not just watch the recorded live broadcast, kick back in a chair, forward-rewind using <--- ---> on the keyboard if you want to? This allows you to get everything the live drama gives you and also allows you to fast forward during the slow bits...if you want to. I hate to say it, but the better the live production gets, I'm just not feeling a sense of urgency to watch the post produced stuff anymore unless something amazing happens on one of the chase cards, etc.

I know this is probably ridiculous.... but as a fan I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more emotion from Paul when he wins these big tournaments.

Last edited by DiscFifty; 08-19-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 170
Niced 728 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Why not just watch the recorded live broadcast, kick back in a chair, forward-rewind using <--- ---> on the keyboard if you want to? This allows you to get everything the live drama gives you and also allows you to fast forward during the slow bits...if you want to. I hate to say it, but the better the live production gets, I'm just not feeling a sense of urgency to watch the post produced stuff anymore unless something amazing happens on one of the chase cards, etc.

I know this is probably ridiculous.... but as a fan I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more emotion from Paul when he wins these big tournaments.
Normally I would just watch the live coverage after the fact but Northwood didnt have a live stream so that kinda messed things up. As for quality of live coverage pushing out post production, Im a little skeptical there since the quality of live coverage hasnt changed much over the past few years so for me its hard to even see the disc a lot of the time with the lower quality streams and camera work.

Also, I like the no emotion from Paul. He is doing his job. I dont get emotional when I kill it at work. Just my 2 cents