Old 10-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 26.6
Courses Played: 139
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,004 Times in 436 Posts
Default Info from PDGA Tournament Directors

Looking for information from PDGA Tournament Directors!

The first or first few events you ran, what questions did you have? Not what did players ask you, but what could you have used more education on? What errors did you make?

For the record, I'm not looking for "tips" rather issues and questions you had.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2019, 07:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,544 Times in 1,537 Posts

How to fill out the %$#% TD report. A lot of doubt as to what to put in certain blocks, and insufficient help available.

Much less of an issue, these days, so probably not much help to you, but that's one I remember clearly.

It was a long time ago, and I'd had years assisting a good TD, and the checklist from the PDGA, so I was in pretty good shape to begin with.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 48 Times in 32 Posts

Yes, the old (excel) tournament manager spreadsheet was a total beast for many years. :P Thankfully the online tourney manager is a considerable improvement in a lot of ways.

There are a few details about the online tourney manager that are still non-intuitive, though:

Splitting ties/assigning places - to do this in the online tourney manager, you need to first export a spreadsheet of the field (after the last round is fully entered), manually update the final standings (places) to resolve any ties, and then re-import the spreadsheet back into the online tourney manager. These options are all easy to find, but nowhere is a TD actually directed to do any of the above.

Added 'cash' for Ams - the feature for adding cash in Pro divisions is quite slick in the tourney manager now, however there didn't appear to be a comparable method for adding 'cash' (scrip) to Am divisions. i.e. It has to be manually added to the various Am divisions. Not the end of the world, but still it means extra spreadsheet work to figure out.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-26-2019, 09:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 151
Niced 3,838 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett View Post
Splitting ties/assigning places - to do this in the online tourney manager, you need to first export a spreadsheet of the field (after the last round is fully entered), manually update the final standings (places) to resolve any ties, and then re-import the spreadsheet back into the online tourney manager. These options are all easy to find, but nowhere is a TD actually directed to do any of the above.
I've never encountered an issue with the online manager splitting ties. When there's a first place tie, there's a column for noting who won the playoff. Ties anywhere else don't need to be broken.

Old 10-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 48 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I've never encountered an issue with the online manager splitting ties. When there's a first place tie, there's a column for noting who won the playoff. Ties anywhere else don't need to be broken.
Huh.. that was my memory too from last year, however at this year's event (September) we couldn't find that column at all (and there were ties for first in multiple divisions). :P

Niced: (1)