Old 08-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post

My plan was to try Gateway and buy one Wizard, Voodoo, Warlock and Magic and to try them out
What putter were/are you using? Do you like the feel but just want something a little different?

So, the Wizard is such a great mold, I would not write it off just because of the plastic inconsistency. The SSS, as I said before, is usually pretty close to Trilogy Medium. I putted with Judges for quite a while but wanted something just a tad deeper, so I turned to the Wizard. And I will never look back.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2018, 12:16 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

Kinda cool news for fans of the really old Wizards (the very first ones that develop dimples in the flight plate over time):
So, there’s the Nikko Signature Wizards out right now, which are the old mold. Low profile, bullet shaped nose, thin flight flate.. Pretty cool that they brought back the old mold (at Nikko’s request probably). Only thing for me is that they are all around SSS in firmness. I am a huge fan of the old Medium Wizards in that same mold. I use 2 for putting.

Anywho, I messaged Gateway on FB asking if they were planning to run firm Nikko Sig. Wizards. They said, “Ironically enough the next release in the Nikko signature will be firm flat wizards ( 600 of them in red or yellow) molded with the thinner flight plate. We’re just finalizing the art up and will hopefully have some available soon”

I am super pumped, because I can now get my fav stiff old-school Wizards easily!!

Niced: (2)
Old 08-23-2018, 07:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
I am super pumped, because I can now get my fav stiff old-school Wizards easily!!
Except now because you have told everyone, they will sell out so fast you will get none. Oh well.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,506 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
What putter were/are you using? Do you like the feel but just want something a little different?
I was putting with the McPro Aviar for over a year, but the plastic was to slippery for me. .. so i have the Blend Deputy now, a more shallow and "no fade" putter.

But the McPro was i little deep, and the Deputy maybee TO shallow and a hair to US sometimes . . . . . if i hade to guess i think the Voodoo or Warlock might suit me
Old 08-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I was putting with the McPro Aviar for over a year, but the plastic was to slippery for me. .. so i have the Blend Deputy now, a more shallow and "no fade" putter.

But the McPro was i little deep, and the Deputy maybee TO shallow and a hair to US sometimes . . . . . if i hade to guess i think the Voodoo or Warlock might suit me
Warlock is basically an Aviar PnA mold (McPro is also an Aviar PnA). Not sure if it will fix the too deep feel of the McPro though. Warlock is a great mold and does not get the love it should.

I might also suggest a Warden from Dynamic instead of a Deputy.

Also, I might avoid the Wizard since it has a big bead that you may not like. Then again, you may learn to love it as I have.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

I have tryed a Warden and Marshall but for some reason it didn´t "klick" with me.

The only beaded putter i have tryed is the Challenger, but i think my Challenger was defect. . more US than my Deputy?!

But i´m going to buy some Gatway putters, fun to try. . got my first Gatway Magic today, will be fun to try after work
Old 08-23-2018, 03:15 PM
* Ace Member *

So this is confusing. .

I Went to my lokal League today and decided to use my Gateway Magic as my putter and US approach disc i took a totaly new mid setup. .

So a new putter in premium plastic ( i never putt with premium plastic ) and 50% new bag. 8 discs, 4 of them brand new for me

And a won on a new personal best!!. . .dont Think i missed a single putt and my new mids workt perfect

Niced: (1)
Old 08-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 20 Times in 17 Posts

The store closest to me that I used to get Wizards from closed. I'm not putting with wizards currently, and have a stack of 10 or so different types of them, but I feel some panic that I'd have to call to get them if I wanted more.

I really loved the older Chalky stiff run Softs that were marked as SS on the handwritten part. Got 4 of them, with 2 still unused. I had no idea they changed the wizard, all mine are from 2009-2011 with a random purchase probably in 2014
Old 08-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Par Member

Niced 72 Times in 55 Posts

Anyone have experience with newer runs of Glow Wiz? The store tells me they're flat, stiff and grippy but I have no possibility of feeling them up.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 705 Times in 380 Posts

The ones I have felt up were somewhere maybe at SS for stiffness. Quite nice feeling, but just not quite for me