Old 05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,397 Times in 1,493 Posts
Default Green Branch DGC, Bowie, Maryland

Green Branch DGC in Bowie, Maryland will be a disc golf only part of Green Branch Athletic Complex---it will be only the 5th Regional Park in the state of Maryland---330 acres. Hoping to be opening late summer/early fall 2011. The Atlethic Complex will not be complete for another year or so, but the Disc Golf course will be open to the public once tees and baskets are installed.

Tentative 18 hole layout:

Dual Tees on every hole:
They are going to dig the 5'x12' pads down 4inch so that they will be flush with the ground and mix the Soiltac with two different fillers so that each pad will be a different color!...

Here is a little info on the product.....
Soiltac® is a polymer-based emulsion used primarily to stabilize all soils from dust and erosion. It is specifically engineered for ease of use for large commercial projects down to smaller residential applications. It can be as simple to apply as watering the ground. Furthermore, Soiltac® is designed to work its way down into the soil to maximize the penetration depth. The result is a thicker protective barrier with a more rigid and stable base. Once cured, Soiltac® becomes completely transparent, leaving the natural landscape to appear untouched. Soiltac® results are based on the application rate used. Modest applications can create a light temporary surface crust that is permeable by water and is useful for dust control needs. On the other hand, heavy applications can generate results similar to the qualities of cement. Most importantly, Soiltac® is a truly biodegradable product that is completely environmentally safe to use.

KING PIN baskets (bright orange and yellow) on every hole with multiple pin positions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg GreenBranch.jpeg (66.3 KB, 115 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 256
Niced 43 Times in 24 Posts

I have talked to Gary K. about this course, they still have a lot of work, but it will be only the second course in PG county, which is crazy. PG is huge with so many people but only Calvert park.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

excellent news! who designed it?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,397 Times in 1,493 Posts

Gary K. is in charge of the DGC project, IIRC he said he and a few others helped in the design. He said it has rolling elevation and should be comparable to Druid Hill in skill level(beginner-intermediate). I just played with him Saturday at the Rumble and we were talking about the course and putting it on DGCR. He doesn't have a DGCR account(yet), but here's the thread on the md board: http://md-discgolf.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3333
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 PM

he sells me discs on craigslist all of the time, I told him he would get twice as much here, but he was never interested, maybe you can talk him into it.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Years Playing: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default You got me!

After reading the thread I had to sign up for an account. Any questions you may have about Green Branch DGC---just hit me up. There is talk of an inagural tournament in the next few weeks, with portable baskets. I'll post info as soon as we get things squared away!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:31 PM

HAHA Welcome to the site Gary. If you need to borrow a portable I have a few.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 41.1
Courses Played: 271
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've met one of these guys at Calvert awhile ago, maybe last fall. He had us sign a petition and stated that they were going to have four courses at this park. Is this still the plan?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:45 AM

Years Playing: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default GBDGC

Yes! That was me with the petition. The park itself wont be open to the general public for a few years, but once it does, we have have unlimited space to design multiple courses. We have designed 18 holes so far, plus about 9x holes, so this place will be a Disc Golf Park for the next few years until the complex opens. This little tournament we are throwing will go a long way into getting us the baskets and making this thing official. Tenitive date is SUNDAY June 12th 10AM START

simple directions:
From US 50
:to 301 south
:turn left on Mills Branch rd
:turn left on Mills Branch pl
:go approximatly .5 miles to dirt rd on left
:take dirt rd to grass parking area

Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 643
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I'm Skydiving that day, make it the 11th or another weekend and I might be able to make it.