Old 03-16-2019, 10:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 672 Times in 321 Posts

Putting was the difference. Paul's putting was on, so he won. If he can keep that going, he's going to be tough to beat.

I keep waiting for Ricky's putter to come back. There were couple putts today he missed that Rick of 2-3 years ago would have drained. He's still very good, but hasn't been best putter in the world good lately.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 61
Niced 62 Times in 28 Posts

"Paul basically just said ricky choked in the post round interview..."

I don't think Paul was saying Ricky choked, just that he gave away a shot when he should have birdied. I think the "Ricky's a choker" storyline died when he won two consecutive world championships.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts

We can say that Discraft is better than Innova now, just a few months for a -18 round and already good tournament results!

Please tell me I'm a good troll, I need approbation!
Old 03-17-2019, 12:44 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.4
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 180 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
Putting was the difference. Paul's putting was on, so he won. If he can keep that going, he's going to be tough to beat.

I keep waiting for Ricky's putter to come back. There were couple putts today he missed that Rick of 2-3 years ago would have drained. He's still very good, but hasn't been best putter in the world good lately.
agreed...

putting comes and goes for everyone. regardless of the putter they are using. i think Paul may have had too much on his plate over the off season to be as focused as we are used to. this tournament may just be the start of Paul returning to the "for me,it's my job" mentality.

Last edited by 2naphish; 03-17-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:01 AM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.5
Courses Played: 365
Niced 1,691 Times in 831 Posts

Hole performances. No bad holes here; none with correlations going the wrong way, and none with scoring spreads less than 2. (More up and right is more "good".)

Too bad the inflated pars on holes #2, #7, #9, #12, #16, and #18 are a smear on the course's reputation.

Of course, changing pars on those holes was probably too difficult. That would have been almost as hard as changing hole numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: png WACOHoles.png (23.2 KB, 365 views)

Old 03-17-2019, 02:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 510 Times in 238 Posts

18 down. It's been done. Nothing to see here.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 522 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 View Post
How can anyone at all be okay with this coverage or even give the money the benefit of the doubt? This is embarrassing for everything Steve Dodge promised and feels like a money ploy by him instead of hiring people who know what they are doing. This is one of those instances where the PDGA need to step in and say “look, we appreciate what you’ve done and been trying to do by we’re going to go in a different direction.” They are not following the discs at all and are zooming in on people and not shots. I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve looked at the lead cards a** instead of their putt at the basket because of shoddy camera work. Such an embarrassment this has become. Free or not
I'll preface this by saying I'm a huge Central Coast and Jomez fan, I've been watching Ian's stuff since it first came out and loved every bit. I've been watching live since the first USDGC broadcasts. I was very upset to see those guys get booted for this season.

I watched the Live Coverage for the first time from hole 10 onwards last night (I had watched some of the post produced stuff after the last one) I would say it was the best Live Coverage I've seen. I was on the edge of my seat at times, there was a genuine butterflies in the stomach moment when Paul went to take the 10 meter putt on hole 17 which basically secured the win. I've never been quite as engaged with a live Disc Golf broadcast as I was then. There was drama, excitement, tension. Commentary was good, I liked Jeff Spring's low whispery take, it felt very golf commentary to me, Nate was good on colour (although if I hear the word competitors just one more time....)

The picture quality was great, I liked the cuts to the chase cards in the walk times, most of the jumps from camera to camera were pretty good (there were one or two very apparent fails, but nothing unwatchable) Chucking in some quality adverts to the downtimes would be a good addition.

Did I lose the track of the disc at times? Yes, but in general it seemed better than any other live I've seen. Sometimes the positions taken on the green weren't great, definitely room for improvement there where the putt couldn't be seen blocked by the player.

As a side note I was impressed by the crowd marshalling throughout, they were kept under control even with a gallery following Chase and lead. To keep them off the peninsula on 17 added a real tension to that walk down there.

Generally very impressed with the coverage altogether.

Niced: (4)
Old 03-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts

Does anyone know how Waco is a charity event, or what orhankzation proceeds go to? I’ve tried looking it up to understand the rules for running a sanctioned charity event while still abiding by PDGA payouts, but I can’t find any mentions of the charitable aspect anywhere.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,131 Times in 1,736 Posts

So glad it was Jomez that caught McBeth's -18 round. I guess this settles the arrow/archer debate once and for all lol

Niced: (2)

Old 03-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 140 Times in 66 Posts

When do we think lead card edited will come out?