#151  
Old 08-22-2019, 11:02 PM
thatdirtykid's Avatar
thatdirtykid thatdirtykid is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Longmont CO
Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,122
Niced 122 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Sounds like the right thing to do. Kaxe can do so much. The k1 will eventually get straighter and hold that turn on that third hole well.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-30-2019, 01:28 AM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nebraska
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 724
Niced 429 Times in 263 Posts
Default

Currently I bag a Felon for utility OS duties and a Verdict for OS mid shots. I like both, but they're probably the least used discs in my bag. I'm interested in trying a tweener disc that can potentially replace both, meaning it can hold up to a stiff headwind but also power down to fly on midrange lines with extra fade. Is the Kaxe that disc? Based on reviews it sounds like it could easily replace my Verdict, but does it really have the 0 turn/3 fade as advertised? How much of a headwind can it take on?

For reference, I throw an Emac Truth as my main stable midrange and Getaways as my stable fairways. So I'm wondering if I'll have a hole in the left side of my bag if I go Emac Truth / Kaxe / Getaway.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-30-2019, 02:30 AM
ponder ponder is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 482
Niced 257 Times in 147 Posts
Default

The kaxe is similar to the emac maybe a bit more stable and a bit faster. I would not try and replace those molds with it.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-30-2019, 08:49 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,574
Niced 1,130 Times in 645 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Currently I bag a Felon for utility OS duties and a Verdict for OS mid shots. I like both, but they're probably the least used discs in my bag. I'm interested in trying a tweener disc that can potentially replace both, meaning it can hold up to a stiff headwind but also power down to fly on midrange lines with extra fade. Is the Kaxe that disc? Based on reviews it sounds like it could easily replace my Verdict, but does it really have the 0 turn/3 fade as advertised? How much of a headwind can it take on?

For reference, I throw an Emac Truth as my main stable midrange and Getaways as my stable fairways. So I'm wondering if I'll have a hole in the left side of my bag if I go Emac Truth / Kaxe / Getaway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
The kaxe is similar to the emac maybe a bit more stable and a bit faster. I would not try and replace those molds with it.
The Kaxe has so much more glide than an EMAC, yet it is more OS.

It feels like a mid but has the distance of a fairway. Think shorter TeeBird... but not much shorter.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-30-2019, 11:16 AM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nebraska
Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 724
Niced 429 Times in 263 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Kaxe has so much more glide than an EMAC, yet it is more OS.

It feels like a mid but has the distance of a fairway. Think shorter TeeBird... but not much shorter.
Hmmm. Well I've always thought Verdicts fly like a midrange Teebird, so I guess the Kaxe would be a slightly faster Verdict. Intriguing disc for sure, but probably not OS enough to fill that utility OS tweener role. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the Disc Comparison matrix on Infinite, I'm just not sure that the disc I'm looking for actually exists. Something in the Zone/PDx level of stability, but in the 6-7 speed tweener range. Maybe a Banshee, but man those plus molds feel awful in the hand and give me early release issues.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-30-2019, 12:25 PM
ponder ponder is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 482
Niced 257 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Hmmm. Well I've always thought Verdicts fly like a midrange Teebird, so I guess the Kaxe would be a slightly faster Verdict. Intriguing disc for sure, but probably not OS enough to fill that utility OS tweener role. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the Disc Comparison matrix on Infinite, I'm just not sure that the disc I'm looking for actually exists. Something in the Zone/PDx level of stability, but in the 6-7 speed tweener range. Maybe a Banshee, but man those plus molds feel awful in the hand and give me early release issues.
Try a MVP resistor

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #157  
Old 10-01-2019, 10:26 PM
mrcheviot mrcheviot is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Try a MVP resistor
This. Resistor/Kaxe/M4 is my lineup, the resistor is super fun to throw and the skip utility is something I didn't realize I was missing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kastaplast Kaxe Z [H] Paypal ponder The Marketplace 0 08-31-2018 04:33 PM
Kastaplast Kaxe & Kaxe Z! K1's @iDiscGolf The Marketplace 1 04-28-2016 09:54 PM
Kastaplast Kaxe Z dekdo The Marketplace 0 11-25-2015 08:13 PM
Kastaplast SALE! Kaxe, Kaxe Z, and RASK all on sale! Ozone Discs Commercial Marketplace 0 03-02-2015 03:16 PM
kastaplast kaxe whitefedora Discs 3 05-12-2014 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.