Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Is the Spin the Comet of putters?
Yes I agree completely! The Spin is that good. 9 20.93%
No nothing is a Comet how dare you even suggest it 17 39.53%
No, but I have another putter that is and it's a ...... 9 20.93%
I haven't thrown it.... but I still have an opinion.. 8 18.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 01-23-2019, 11:17 AM
money 21 money 21 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,038
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts
Default

I have been putting with the proton spin and really enjoying it. never liked putting with a premium plastic before but was messing around with the spin one day and realized it would hold a line for ever on a putt. I kinda have a splush putt and the spin is great for that.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-23-2019, 11:37 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,188
Niced 735 Times in 514 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
I have been putting with the proton spin and really enjoying it. never liked putting with a premium plastic before but was messing around with the spin one day and realized it would hold a line for ever on a putt. I kinda have a splush putt and the spin is great for that.
Right on man, right on!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:11 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,188
Niced 735 Times in 514 Posts
Default

Bbbbbb bump!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:14 AM
VinnietheAceHole VinnietheAceHole is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: CoMo
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 100
Niced 44 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKWolverine View Post
IIRC, someone once described the Habit as the offspring of a Comet and Zephyr mating.
The habit is a pretty convincing aero clone in premium plastic.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:56 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
Niced 1,038 Times in 601 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnietheAceHole View Post
The habit is a pretty convincing aero clone in premium plastic.
Too bad that 'premium' plastic is so flexible and so slick that even after I ran it through a sandblaster, it was still un-grippable.

Not so premium.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:33 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,188
Niced 735 Times in 514 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Too bad that 'premium' plastic is so flexible and so slick that even after I ran it through a sandblaster, it was still un-grippable.

Not so premium.
Dishwasher buddy... stick it in there if you have nothing to lose... the electron is nice and grippy it's also more understable...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-24-2019, 12:00 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
Niced 1,038 Times in 601 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Dishwasher buddy... stick it in there if you have nothing to lose... the electron is nice and grippy it's also more understable...
I was referencing the plastic the Habit comes in...not so premium.

I really did sandblast it. There was no release agent, stamp or anything else left.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-24-2019, 12:56 PM
VinnietheAceHole VinnietheAceHole is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: CoMo
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 100
Niced 44 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I was referencing the plastic the Habit comes in...not so premium.

I really did sandblast it. There was no release agent, stamp or anything else left.
That's odd.
Whatever their champion-like plastic is, it has plenty of grip for me.
Haven't thrown the opaque looking plastic or any baselines.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-24-2019, 02:32 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
Niced 1,038 Times in 601 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnietheAceHole View Post
That's odd.
Whatever their champion-like plastic is, it has plenty of grip for me.
Haven't thrown the opaque looking plastic or any baselines.
It was opaque. It was slick like old school Ti but was a flx blend of some sort; durability somewhere between ESP and X and had a somewhat waxy feeling.


Horrid.
Reply With Quote
 

  #70  
Old 05-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Ryan C Ryan C is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 232
Niced 45 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Makes me think of Discspeed's Comet and Tangent analogy from 2013:
Slightly unrelated, but does anyone know him in person? I used to go to discgolfreview back in the day, and between there and here he posted like 50 times a day, and then one day just stopped cold turkey. I always wondered why.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'best' putters for spin putts VictorB Discs 34 08-12-2017 07:22 AM
Best Spin Putters in DG? PBokor General Disc Golf Chat 60 09-19-2016 02:14 PM
Spin putters. Being consistent. JonathanXz Technique & Strategy 35 12-20-2012 10:52 PM
Push Putters, Spin Putters - What do you prefer? Osmo Discs 30 06-18-2012 07:13 AM
Spin Putters - Type of Disc Snore Discs 31 02-15-2012 08:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.