Old 02-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

a shop owner i am friends with reported selling 21 undertakers in the 2 days after Paul's building his bag video. I wounder what tracker sale are going to look like since it is oop, but most place still have a stack.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 507 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
a shop owner i am friends with reported selling 21 undertakers in the 2 days after Paul's building his bag video. I wounder what tracker sale are going to look like since it is oop, but most place still have a stack.
I Paul is digging it enough I'm sure DC will bring it back.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:02 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Will Paul keep throwing the tracker

I'm wondering if Paul will end up switching from the tracker soon... Im surprised he isn t throwing raptor!! I personally loved the tracker (at one time) but definitely surprised to see the Beast throwing it. Definitely will be interesting to watch his bag evolve.... I think the tracker will be replaced... But by what is the question!
Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,067 Times in 533 Posts

I don't think it would be prudent to bring the tracker back. It's so similar to the undertaker (especially the FR 'takers) and that speed of drivers would be getting a little congested in the lineup with the Vulture, Raptor, and Undertaker already.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:15 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 64 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I don't think it would be prudent to bring the tracker back. It's so similar to the undertaker (especially the FR 'takers) and that speed of drivers would be getting a little congested in the lineup with the Vulture, Raptor, and Undertaker already.
What a time to be alive. I recall the days when Discraft barely had anything worthwhile in the fairway driver category.

InB4 they had the Stalker, XL, Cyclone!
Old 02-21-2019, 09:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Niced 804 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_High View Post
What a time to be alive. I recall the days when Discraft barely had anything worthwhile in the fairway driver category.

InB4 they had the Stalker, XL, Cyclone!
ha... at different points in time, each of those was my go-to fairway driver XL probably lasted the longest. Stalker is still great and I'm shocked that it isn't more popular.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,067 Times in 533 Posts

For anyone who's held both in their hands/thrown them, what's the difference between a Ringer GT and a breaker? Backing down a bit from a zone for my overstable approach putter, since I wasn't throwing the zone basically at all (banger gt or challenger got more FH approaches even)
Old 02-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
For anyone who's held both in their hands/thrown them, what's the difference between a Ringer GT and a breaker? Backing down a bit from a zone for my overstable approach putter, since I wasn't throwing the zone basically at all (banger gt or challenger got more FH approaches even)
Im a fan of both the Ringer GT and the DGA Breaker! Im not sure which tools are shared between the two but the Breakers thumb track is not as definitive as the Ringer GT and also seems to be closer to the rim. Also, the Ringer GT is a bit more stable while the Breaker seems to have a little more glide. But IMHO the differences are marginal especially when you start messing with other plastic blends. Really id settle on which one has the more comfortable thumb placement.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,284 Times in 750 Posts

The Ringer GT is longer and a hair more OS than the Breaker . . . The underside of both discs feels similar, but the top of the Breaker is more like the Zone top.

I had a "battle of the slightly OS putters" this winter, tested:
Judge, Warden, Marshal, Aviar 3, Whale, Envy, Jokeri, Rhyno, Wizard. Warlock, Sarek, Suspect, Berg, Caltorp, Breaker . . .in diffrent plastics.
The Breaker is in my bag. .

Niced: (2)

Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts

The Ringer GT in Z-FLX Is surprisingly stable, i imagine jawbreaker / x-soft would be more workable. I compared it beside a champ rhyno, and the ringer was faster and longer, as Jolt mentioned above.

I wouldn't bag my Zone + a Ringer GT at the same time however. I think its just a tad too much overlap for my liking.

On another note i finally got my Z Tracker in the mail! Stoked to finally go test it out alongside my undertakers and vultures. Its basically a domier, slightly beefier rimmed Undertaker from what i can see. Still super comfortable in the hand. I'm hoping it kicks the Vultures out of the bag, because they are larger and a bit more clunkier feeling.