Old 03-17-2019, 06:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

My slip outs are either an early release/concentration issue, or holding on to the disc too long. (Need to release while moving targetward, not at the end of your reach.)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-17-2019, 07:13 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
My slip outs are either an early release/concentration issue, or holding on to the disc too long. (Need to release while moving targetward, not at the end of your reach.)
Oh, thank you man that i didnt know! Now i know what i need to focus on. I always wait to full reach before i release.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andree88 View Post
Thx every one! I like my weird grip so i will not change that but i will test experimenting the rest. With my odd grip i got great power on them, i dont need to jump on 13-14m to reach the basket, but my aim is bad. Why do you think the putts slips out of my hand even if i have firm grip?
If my legs/weight shift doesn't get to my arm at the right time then the power gets to the disc at the wrong time too so it feels bad. Usually the more I think about my technique when putting the worse I mess up though...it's useful to sort out the technique but often it means I concentrate worse on hitting the putts. So be aware of what is helping or hurting you, if you are practicing vs. about to start a round for example.

But usually if I have my weight shift not getting to my arm/the disc when it should pop out, then I get wobbles and I bet it's from having issues with grip getting torqued...if your grip is strange like you say then maybe it affects you even more, so the disc actually slips noticeably.

Usually for me, left/right misses can be fixed by adjusting the rear leg to the left or right. Moving it a few inches either way will angle your whole body differently relative to the basket.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-17-2019, 07:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andree88 View Post
Oh, thank you man that i didnt know! Now i know what i need to focus on. I always wait to full reach before i release.
If you can find any slow motion vids of pros putting, the disc is released well before the end of the putting stroke. Be sure to continue and follow through all the way, but let that disc go well before max extension.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:20 PM

Courses Played: 32
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Putting pressure with fingers only just wasnt working for me. So, I putt with loose fan grip and index on outside of the rim, while only firm pressure comes from base of thumb.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:47 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thx again guys for all your help! I will practise many putts after am done here on the hospital. So thursday i will go home a few days before i must go back to this boring place again. like i said, i will experimenting on finger pressure and also firm pressure with my base of thumb. I will practise to release the putt before full reach but i will not change my grip because i like it so much.