Old 05-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 102 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
That's fair...if only Innova hadn't forgotten how to make good Eagles...
Im loving my Star Eagles. Innova discs these days need to get really really beat before they start flying like the old ones.

I always thought a Stalker was like an Eagle-L.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts

I’m curious to see how the new ledgestone ESP cyclones turn out. That’s basically a Discraft eagle, old school yet great flight.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
This is probably what it comes down to. I posted in the Kong thread how none of my Kongs came out as beefy as I was expecting. From that thread, it seems like there is variance. I recall when I threw nukes they were beefy. Oh wide rimmed drivers.
I guess I was expecting my Kong to pop up a bit from an anny release and hold a flat line for a while. Nope. If I release it hyzer it'll stay hyzer, no matter how hard I throw it. I think the Kong actually reminds me more of an XCal than a Destroyer.

I agree that wide rimmed drivers can have some fairly significant variance in flight.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,150 Times in 538 Posts

Started throwing some old Z Forces I've had for years and really liking how they're flying.

One is a little domey and the other is a little flatter.

The flatter one goes far.

Paired them with an old ESP Surge and might almost make the bag.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 PM
*Still Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 30
Niced 45 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I guess I was expecting my Kong to pop up a bit from an anny release and hold a flat line for a while. Nope. If I release it hyzer it'll stay hyzer, no matter how hard I throw it. I think the Kong actually reminds me more of an XCal than a Destroyer.

I agree that wide rimmed drivers can have some fairly significant variance in flight.
How far are you throwing your Kong?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 928 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
might almost make the bag.
Well that's a ringing endorsement.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
DX Eagles are still good. But the DX plastic these days is really lacking
No I have had modern in the 2010's DX that is good on a DX Stingray, it just varies from run to run weather or not you are going to get discs that are waxy no matter what you do to them. I am not talking the kind of wax that is on the Dragon that makes it feel like an R-DX but rather the true waxy discs that feel like a crayon in terms of wax but still hard like modern DX plastic.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 670 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rider View Post
How far are you throwing your Kong?
400' max. That's if I torque it over on an anny line. It'll fight out of an anny flight pretty quickly and fade hard. It literally takes every ounce of power I have to get this Kong 400'. Even then I can probably only get that distance 1/10 throws. The disc is a complete chore to throw. If I release it flat and hard I can probably hit 360'. Again, the disc refuses to fly flat for any length of time.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
400' max. That's if I torque it over on an anny line. It'll fight out of an anny flight pretty quickly and fade hard. It literally takes every ounce of power I have to get this Kong 400'. Even then I can probably only get that distance 1/10 throws. The disc is a complete chore to throw. If I release it flat and hard I can probably hit 360'. Again, the disc refuses to fly flat for any length of time.
I've come to the conclusion that the Kong is a pro level disc. I have about 10 or so and they all fly relatively flippy (like a Shryke OS) once you put around 450' of power on it. Those same Kong's in an MA1-2ish player maxing at 400' were flying like they were brand new Forces.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 45 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMoul View Post
I've come to the conclusion that the Kong is a pro level disc. I have about 10 or so and they all fly relatively flippy (like a Shryke OS) once you put around 450' of power on it. Those same Kong's in an MA1-2ish player maxing at 400' were flying like they were brand new Forces.
I agree with your assessment of the flight, but not that these characteristics make it a pro-level disc. I have about 450 of power on an average day, and I actually hate how different the Kong behaves with slight adjustments to power level. I have some beat Forces that behave more linearly, if that makes sense. If I throw it this hard, it flips this much. If I throw it a little harder, it flips a little more.

With the Kongs though, there is like this threshold where the thing just turns like crazy, but below that it wont really want to turn much at all. Makes judging their line kind of difficult. The only use I have found for them so far as been as hyzer flip to flat drives when I want to throw hard. Anything else they do seems better done by different Forces.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it so far.