* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,170 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Well that's a ringing endorsement.

Haha, well I've been throwing Destroyers for years and trying to find a replacement for awhile now.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 03:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMoul View Post
I've come to the conclusion that the Kong is a pro level disc. I have about 10 or so and they all fly relatively flippy (like a Shryke OS) once you put around 450' of power on it. Those same Kong's in an MA1-2ish player maxing at 400' were flying like they were brand new Forces.
You might be right. I'm sure my Kong has huge distance potential. That said, I don't seem to have the arm to harness it. I also feel like my Kong is at the overstable side of the spectrum. Others claim their Kongs are almost flippy.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
I agree with your assessment of the flight, but not that these characteristics make it a pro-level disc. I have about 450 of power on an average day, and I actually hate how different the Kong behaves with slight adjustments to power level. I have some beat Forces that behave more linearly, if that makes sense. If I throw it this hard, it flips this much. If I throw it a little harder, it flips a little more.

With the Kongs though, there is like this threshold where the thing just turns like crazy, but below that it wont really want to turn much at all. Makes judging their line kind of difficult. The only use I have found for them so far as been as hyzer flip to flat drives when I want to throw hard. Anything else they do seems better done by different Forces.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it so far.
I have 450' power fairly consistently too, but NOT with the Kong. To get 450' I need something flippier that has a big S curve flight. Shrykes, Terns, Ballistas, Captain, ETC.

My Kong isn't going anywhere near 450'. The thing seems slow and sluggish too. Just getting it to 400' takes everything I have on a forced anny line. If I throw it flat its closer to 360' with most of that being fade.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 249 Times in 143 Posts

Just threw a friends Kong the other day. Was fairly used. Just threw one rhbh drive and one rhfh drive. It was flat, not much dome.

This one was flippy. Thrown flat, it drifted pretty far right before coming back. I would say -2 turn. Same for forehand.

Rhbh had to be right around 400 and the rhfh around 360+.

Plastic feels even better after being beat up a little.

I will try and get some more throws in soon to have a better idea on average flight characteristics
Old 05-06-2019, 10:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 45 Times in 30 Posts

Got a new ESP Tour Series Drone today, and I'm not that impressed with it. It is 184g on the scale, and rather oily slick feeling. I haven't thrown it yet, but it's not as nice as I had hoped. Being so overweight doesn't really help me like it either. I only weighed it because it honestly felt overweight the second I picked it up.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
Got a new ESP Tour Series Drone today, and I'm not that impressed with it. It is 184g on the scale, and rather oily slick feeling. I haven't thrown it yet, but it's not as nice as I had hoped. Being so overweight doesn't really help me like it either. I only weighed it because it honestly felt overweight the second I picked it up.
Jesus. The Drone is already pretty overstable. At 184 g, I bet yours flies like an absolute brick.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,289 Times in 755 Posts

Hmm it will be interesting when Marshall gets the ESP tour series in stock and weighs each one. .

Can PDGA stop players from throwing these?

As for the "oily slick feeling" i feel like many discs feels like that new. . .the worst one i ever got was a Glow Roadrunner, when new it was SUPER slick and "oily" . . now after a few weeks it feels super nice and is one of my best feeling discs
Old 05-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 45 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Hmm it will be interesting when Marshall gets the ESP tour series in stock and weighs each one. .

Can PDGA stop players from throwing these?

As for the "oily slick feeling" i feel like many discs feels like that new. . .the worst one i ever got was a Glow Roadrunner, when new it was SUPER slick and "oily" . . now after a few weeks it feels super nice and is one of my best feeling discs
Yeah, sometimes discs start feeling better with use. I got a Tour Series Force with it, which feels much nicer and is 173.5 on the scale. Sometimes when the summer humidity comes, discs end up feeling almost too grippy, so it could be that the Drone will feel better to me when it gets a little hotter.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 510 Times in 316 Posts

Discraft is my favorite brand but they can be frustrating sometimes. Looking at Drones on eBay.......

See a bunch of special release Z Drones / & they're only in pink (don't throw pink anymore)
See some of the new ESP Tour Drones / & they're only in swirly esp meh colors.

I guess Big Z it is.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 215 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Discraft is my favorite brand but they can be frustrating sometimes. Looking at Drones on eBay.......

See a bunch of special release Z Drones / & they're only in pink (don't throw pink anymore)
See some of the new ESP Tour Drones / & they're only in swirly esp meh colors.

I guess Big Z it is.
Take a peek at Hyzerfarm. They still have Ti drones, ESP FLX, and regular Z in stock.