Old 05-29-2019, 12:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,014 Times in 587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Tried a banger GT and it feels awesome in hand but for some reason I could not throw that thing without oat. Just couldn’t get a clean release.

Also have tried a k1 glow berg in the past. It was an absolute brick. Actually getting ready to order another in a different plastic to try out.
I had problems throwing the Banger until I figured out to use the under side of the groove to grip with my first and second fingers. Sort of like a deep sabre or fork grip.

It helped my release; ymmv.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2019, 09:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 578 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Banger GT for slightly slower
Or
Berg for a lot slower
you didn't describe anything he's looking for. MORE GLIDE, not less....and Straighter. Berg doesn't fit at all. Banger perhaps. but sounds like he's sticking MVP/AXIOM/STREAMLINE also

I would honestly say if he hasn't already go for a max weight neutron Proxy, that'll do er'
Old 05-29-2019, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,014 Times in 587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
you didn't describe anything he's looking for. MORE GLIDE, not less....and Straighter. Berg doesn't fit at all. Banger perhaps. but sounds like he's sticking MVP/AXIOM/STREAMLINE also

I would honestly say if he hasn't already go for a max weight neutron Proxy, that'll do er'
A Banger GT has quite a bit more Glide than an Envy, is straighter and slower. I bag both.

A proxy is straighter, bit not slower.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 471 Times in 316 Posts

Got my Cosmic Pilot... Goodness I'm so happy. I've been using Pilots for putting and driving since they came out. I still had P2s for more stable driving, since the Electron does wear in pretty quickly. However, the Neutron Pilot is just what I wanted. Thinking I'll be removing the P2s from the bag. I love the shallow feel of Pilots, the great glide, and the ability to control angles. It's neutral/understable enough that with power, you can easily hyzerflip or turn it over. However, with release angle and power control it is just about the best placement disc under 250'. Now I can use them off the tee without having to replace them every couple months.

Plenty of discs have similar flight characteristics, but to me, the feel of the Pilot is exactly what the doctor ordered. And the Cosmic discs looks siiiiiiiick!

Old 05-30-2019, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

^ Idk to me the neutron pilot feels deep - almost like a lid. yet the electron feel like a paper plate. Either way, its a cool disc
Old 05-30-2019, 05:48 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 108 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
^ Idk to me the neutron pilot feels deep - almost like a lid. yet the electron feel like a paper plate. Either way, its a cool disc

That's my sense of it as well. It feels almost deep like a Shield or even a Dagger. Super straight though. It is in the bag but not sure it's going to kick out a well seasoned Envy. I am also digging the Firm Electron Pilot. That also flies super straight. Can't wait for the normal release of these so I can get some more.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 242 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
That’s kind of how my neutron/plasma envy feel compared to my electrons. Almost feels like a completely different mold to me. My pilot is sitting in the mail at home. Can’t wait to get off work and check it out.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-30-2019, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Felt up my pilot tonight. Haven’t had a chance to throw it yet but I can tell just by feeling it that it isn’t as neutral as I was thinking it would be. The bead is a lot more noticeable than I expected based off descriptions and it’s fairly deep feeling for what is usually described as a shallow disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-31-2019, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Felt up my pilot tonight. Haven’t had a chance to throw it yet but I can tell just by feeling it that it isn’t as neutral as I was thinking it would be. The bead is a lot more noticeable than I expected based off descriptions and it’s fairly deep feeling for what is usually described as a shallow disc.
ok thats exactly what I thought. I have one stamped 2/5/-1/1 and its not that, its 0/2 or 0/1.5

which is sweet because it can beat in over a long time to be straighter. I like that its a stable glidey disc. I don't have anything like that. closest is my atom but that's a lil faster and less glide. FYI the N Pilot handles wind. Somehow. I played in tough conditions last weekend and I threw it in 15-20 mph winds and it held. so....im impressed. plus the firm neutron plastic is solid but REALLY grippy. im liking it a lot. Ill be playing a awesome courses (actually 2 courses same property) tomorrow with my group of 5 buddies, cant wait to use this and slay the course

Old 06-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Birdie Member

Tested the pilot today. Flight is identical to my beat up plasma envy. It just doesn't feel as good in the hand.