Old 06-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 178 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
This needs a premium plastic run ASAP. It's such a fun disc to throw.
Idiot, wrong thread. I hastily thought it said Spin not Signal.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 07:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
Idiot, wrong thread. I hastily thought it said Spin not Signal.
To be fair, I want a proton signal.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 70 Times in 46 Posts

I've been messing with a Signal from the Circuit and it is a fun disc. I've bagged a few beat discs over the years that were as understable, but not with the same glide. Great for tight fairway shot where footwork or rotation is restricted. It also works for longer air shots if you know how to manipulate release angle, power, and height. When I've lost my super beat flippy disc in the past it usually meant being without that slot until I beat another disc to snot., so it's great that a disc can fly like the Signal out of the box.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 105 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've been messing with a Signal from the Circuit and it is a fun disc. I've bagged a few beat discs over the years that were as understable, but not with the same glide. Great for tight fairway shot where footwork or rotation is restricted. It also works for longer air shots if you know how to manipulate release angle, power, and height. When I've lost my super beat flippy disc in the past it usually meant being without that slot until I beat another disc to snot., so it's great that a disc can fly like the Signal out of the box.
Agreed. Seriously understable but once you know how to control it, it is great for tight wood shots. I love giving this tons of hyper, seeing it flip to flat and then turn over for a super glidely finish. Also works as a great roller.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 5
Niced 728 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Agreed. Seriously understable but once you know how to control it, it is great for tight wood shots. I love giving this tons of hyper, seeing it flip to flat and then turn over for a super glidely finish. Also works as a great roller.
Do not agree. Haha. I found it comfortably understable with HSS but too much LSS for something that flippy on the front end. Maybe I need to break it in more or get a lighter one.. Mine are both near max weight, but if I was going to get a lighter one I'd get a 155 Relay instead...

Niced: (2)
Old 07-05-2019, 12:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Do not agree. Haha. I found it comfortably understable with HSS but too much LSS for something that flippy on the front end. Maybe I need to break it in more or get a lighter one.. Mine are both near max weight, but if I was going to get a lighter one I'd get a 155 Relay instead...
I have a 174g purple and I do not experience very much LSS. If I drive it off the tee the final/fade stage of flight kicks in very late. Even on shorter FH approaches it gently fades. To compare I just got a white one of the same weight. It is a production run and I suspect it will be more stable.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 105 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
I have a 174g purple and I do not experience very much LSS. If I drive it off the tee the final/fade stage of flight kicks in very late. Even on shorter FH approaches it gently fades. To compare I just got a white one of the same weight. It is a production run and I suspect it will be more stable.
That has been my experience as well. I only throw the Signal in 172g+. When I hyzer flip it comes to flat and then has a nice smooth turnover with no fade. Thrown flat it has more turn but has a slight fade during the last 15-20 feet. On an anny, it just holds it the whole way especially with some air. With too much, it can easily become a roller. I only every throw with about 60-70% power at most. I find it very workable. I throw the exclusively on white #3 and #9 at Maple Hill, normally tight flick shots, and can consistently park or even hit metal (ace is coming one of these days). I also have thrown it on blue/gold #5 Maple Hill. It is a tight gap out over the water and needs to come back. I believe Matt Dollar annys a beat Electron Vector for that shot. Most people normally flick that shot. 90% is over water.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-06-2019, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Maybe I just expected it to hold a high anny to the ground.. I don't know I will likely try the Signal again at some point but I also know I don't do well with max weight discs.. With the small amount of late fade on the Signal and possible flippyness in the wind, it just doesn't fit with my bag. The 165 broken in Relay is a better option, or a 165 SE N Vanish. I get a fairly similar shot shape I just need a little extra height or oomph to do it but still in my wheelhouse.. But then for that matter a 155 plasma Wave can replace the Vanish a little more consistently with another touch more oomph... and we are back full circle..

**** it I'll just FH an Inertia... haha

Niced: (1)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 07-06-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

It's definitely a bookend disc. I don't see myself using a lot off the tee, but I will keep it in the bag as a get-out-of-trouble disc. I also could see it getting more use in winter weather.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
It's definitely a bookend disc. I don't see myself using a lot off the tee, but I will keep it in the bag as a get-out-of-trouble disc. I also could see it getting more use in winter weather.
Morning sunshine!!! I'm not picking apart your disc choices... I'm glad to hear of your success with it, it makes me want to try it again, like you say though it is at the extreme end of the bag.