Old 07-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 206 Times in 102 Posts

Haven't updated this in a minute. First things first, I played my first two PDGA events in 6 years this season. I don't feel like I played near my fullest at either event but I am now rated 964 after those two events. I have really worked on my forehand this year and have a fairly consistent 350' sidearm these days which has never been a tool I have had before.
Now to my bag, I have kept experimenting, but ended up with a pretty similar bag again. The first thing I have come to realize is that I really like what I call neutral discs. Those are the ones that make up the core of my bag and are the discs that will just hold whatever angle you put on them. I like being able to work a disc and make it do what I want it to do instead of the disc doing the work for me. I try to keep a neutral disc at every distance level and then put in supplementary discs around them. I also try to make sure I have a forehand disc at every distance slot as well.

In regards to putters, after trying some MVP products I realized a shallower putter fits better in my hand and is more consistent. I ended up with pure white warlocks and it has been going pretty well. I have a premium plastic (I honestly don't even know what the plastic type is called) warlock in my bag as well as my primary throwing putter. I do have a zone in my bag as well. I got a little bit domey zone that has a little more glide and a little less stability than your normal zone, and I love it.

For mids, no matter what I try, I end up with rocs again. I also have realized that I don't throw my mids all that often these days so I have cut down to three rocs and the zone/firebird in my bag cover any overstable shorter range shots in my bag. But anyway, I have a beat dx roc, newer dx roc, and a new kc roc in my bag right now.

I have a lot of fairways in my bag right now. Other companies have caught up a bit, but this is where Innova still really shines in my book. I have a leopard3, 2 teebirds, 2 firebirds, 2 thunderbirds, and a roadrunner. One of the birds are beat and one are newer. One of the firebirds in particular is a really beat in star that is my main forehand disc, but the other firebird and both thunderbirds see a lot of forehand action as well. The thunderbirds are mainly for when I need a more overstable teebird but the beat one in particular I can almost throw max d distance if I need to.

Finally, the max distance discs. This is the category I try the most different types of discs at, but still haven't found anything that beats a destroyer for me. I tried the understable stuff like terns, shrykes, ballistas, sheriffs, etc, but none of them were consistent enough for me. I have messed around with the destroyer copies like raiders and DD3s, but they just did not outperform the destroyer either and they both need an overstable compliment. My preferred on the course max distance shots I take a fairly neutral destroyer and throw it on a tight flex or flip up. The ricky destroyers are perfect for these shots and it feels so natural to me. I have plenty of old more overstable destroyers that I can pair with the ricky destroyers that feel the same in hand. The distance, control and minimalism is just too good to have something else replace them. I normally carry 4 destroyers in my bag to cover the spectrum.

TLDR: Overall I have 19 discs and 9 molds.
2 purewhite warlock - putting
1 premium warlock - drives
1 esp zone - drives/forehands

3 DX rocs - covers all mid shots

1 Leopard3 - shorter hyzerflips/turnovers/rollers
2 teebirds - straight/moderately overstable
2 firebirds - forehands/utility

1 roadrunner - longer hyzerflips/turnovers/rollers
2 thunderbirds - straight/moderately overstable, longer than teebirds

4 destroyers - covers all max distance shots
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,152 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
TLDR: Overall I have 19 discs and 9 molds.
2 purewhite warlock - putting
1 premium warlock - drives
1 esp zone - drives/forehands

3 DX rocs - covers all mid shots

1 Leopard3 - shorter hyzerflips/turnovers/rollers
2 teebirds - straight/moderately overstable
2 firebirds - forehands/utility

1 roadrunner - longer hyzerflips/turnovers/rollers
2 thunderbirds - straight/moderately overstable, longer than teebirds

4 destroyers - covers all max distance shots
Solid bag.

I am going to have to try something in that Pure White plastic...

Old 07-11-2019, 09:08 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,279 Times in 864 Posts

How are the Leopard3 and Roadrunner working? They seem kinda different for your bag set-up, do you use either very much or just trying to work them in?

Old 07-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 67
Niced 206 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
How are the Leopard3 and Roadrunner working? They seem kinda different for your bag set-up, do you use either very much or just trying to work them in?
I don't use them much at all. Whenever I take them out though, I play a course that has one of those holes that you have to throw a hyzer angle off the tee, but then it straightens out so you need something to flip up pretty hard. I don't throw either of them on my home course at all. I don't have either one of them at this point right now, but if I get a teebird and/or a thunderbird beat in enough, I probably will take them out permanently. They are very supplemental though.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 159
Niced 133 Times in 98 Posts

Nice bag writeup!