Old 07-26-2019, 07:04 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 42 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
I keep skimming this thread when it shows up on the front page, and I have to confess the OP’s posts make me uncomfortable. Not because his questions or concerns are having any impact on my own thoughts or motivations, but I feel as if the OP is not well.

I quite genuinely asked the OP previously if he was OK, and unless I missed it, he did not respond.

I feel like there are a few possibilities to explain all this weirdness...

We are reading the ramblings of someone in the throes of a burgeoning psychedelic stage in their life, that is “seeing” the deeper layers of reality, and is questioning every last possibility.

We are reading the ramblings of someone in the throes of a psychotic break, who is tallying humanity’s wrongs via questioning the base motivations of our brilliant/disgusting species.

We are reading the ramblings of our very own Sheldon Cooper, an insufferable “genius” who’s own intellect prevents him from enjoying the baser motivations and interactions of the human experience.

We are reading the ramblings of someone’s creative writing exercises.

We are reading the ramblings of an AI that someone designed.

OP:

Lay off the LSD for a while.

If you need help, mentally or emotionally, please seek it through real life avenues and avoid internet philosophers.

If you feel different than others than embrace those differences but be careful not to isolate yourself from others.

If this is a creative writing exercise, congrats on the brief flashes of poetry and imagery in your posts, but your deep thoughts are your own and perhaps best kept to yourself, or maybe you should read a little more deeply to see all the questions (and attempts at answers) that Man has asked himself.

If this some computer spouting this gibberish, **** you, I’m on to you.

You're reading the ramblings of the mental midget who's looking up your skirt. Don't worry about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2019, 07:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 132 Times in 70 Posts

I don’t care what any of you haters say, I enjoy Armus’ posts and I hope you windbags don’t run him off. That part about the Amish buying produce at Walmart and selling it at a markup was gold, gold I tell ya!

Niced: (2)
Old 07-26-2019, 01:12 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 143 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
I don’t care what any of you haters say, I enjoy Armus’ posts and I hope you windbags don’t run him off. That part about the Amish buying produce at Walmart and selling it at a markup was gold, gold I tell ya!
I enjoy them, too. At least he's thinking, which is really something we all ought to be doing all of the time, to paraphrase Neal Stephenson via Daniel Waterhouse...

Some questions simply have no easy or complete answer. Aspiring to find them, though, is commendable.

Mr. Patheticus almost brags about not having read any books published since (insert his date here), and I can't help thinking he'd benefit greatly from a more Eastern brain-bath. Jump on in, Armus, and enjoy the scrubbing. There is peace to be had in the art of learning how to breathe properly when sitting stone-still...

Niced: (1)

Old 07-26-2019, 01:32 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 42 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
To be fair to them, they aren't reselling Wal-Mart produce, but things like chips and breakfast cereal and candy and pretzels and baking supplies. They repackage it in little bags with twist ties and people for some reason buy it. They also sell produce that comes from out of state farms, but I don't know if it's any different or better than Wal-Mart's since I grow my own.