Old 07-26-2019, 01:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 249 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
This has been my experience. Neutrons are almost straight to fade for me when new, throwing them 500' or so. Very mild high speed turn. Protons require hyzer to keep straight thrown over 400' for me. I only bag Neutron.
Ok i thought i was going crazy. I bought a 169 Plasma Mayhem initially to throw while my octanes were beating in. It was actually just as beefy as my N Octanes and with crappier glide.
Decided to give it another try and got a Neutron Mayhem. This was in line with my beat Neutron Octane out the box but still didnt fit the flight i was expecting.
Ordered a 174g Proton Mayhem. It came flat with little dome and was a roller disc out the box. Figured if i could get a normal domed one it would be perfect.
Got 2 173g Proton Mayhem with normal dome and they flip nicely with little effort right out the box but will fight back at the end.

Driver setup is Esp Force/N Mayhem/P Mayhem. My karate chop forehand seems to work especially well with the Force. Havent found a mvp/axiom disc that clicks in the same way.

I gave up on Axiom/Mvp fairways. I was spending way too much money and never clicked with any of them and gave up. Went back to Vulture/Mantis.

My mids are Vector/Axis and those work well so far. I like that the Axis has a little late turn that my Buzzz never had.

Putt/Approach are Entropy/Envy/Atom and they are great. Atom is still a work in progress for putting. Got some E Envys to see how they work.

Anax/Raptor/Fireball are fighting for the OS utility fairway.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-26-2019, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 1
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rider View Post
the prism wraths have more glide and turn a lot out of the box.. i actually like mine for hyzer flips and high anny lines, they are good throwers but nothing like my proton wrath which is straight and doesnt really turn over with a strong fade.

i would say maybe -2 turn and 1.5 fade.. surprised me how flippy they were, but i actually needed that stability in my bag and to have it in a mold that is familiar in my hand is great so i was happy, i would probably prefer a beat up wrath to replace it someday.. if a beat up wrath can even get that flippy

It is flippier than my plasma insanity, but still controllable.. def not for windy days though and it doesnt roll well for me.
One of these came my way cheap. i want to through it was wondering how it compares to a neutron insanity
Old 07-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Ok i thought i was going crazy. I bought a 169 Plasma Mayhem initially to throw while my octanes were beating in. It was actually just as beefy as my N Octanes and with crappier glide.
Decided to give it another try and got a Neutron Mayhem. This was in line with my beat Neutron Octane out the box but still didnt fit the flight i was expecting.
Ordered a 174g Proton Mayhem. It came flat with little dome and was a roller disc out the box. Figured if i could get a normal domed one it would be perfect.
Got 2 173g Proton Mayhem with normal dome and they flip nicely with little effort right out the box but will fight back at the end.

Driver setup is Esp Force/N Mayhem/P Mayhem. My karate chop forehand seems to work especially well with the Force. Havent found a mvp/axiom disc that clicks in the same way.

I gave up on Axiom/Mvp fairways. I was spending way too much money and never clicked with any of them and gave up. Went back to Vulture/Mantis.

My mids are Vector/Axis and those work well so far. I like that the Axis has a little late turn that my Buzzz never had.

Putt/Approach are Entropy/Envy/Atom and they are great. Atom is still a work in progress for putting. Got some E Envys to see how they work.

The new Flare is a beast in that OS fairway slot. It’s essentially a FAF Firebird. If the next run is as stable as the first I may stock up heavily(already bought 3).

Old 07-27-2019, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 559 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:

Sounds like a frustrating experience with the Mayhems. Surprised your plasma didn't show very good glide for you. The glide is one of the selling points for Mayhems for me, they have more hang time for me than any other distance driver I've tried that's neutral and not understable.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 730 Times in 511 Posts

Interesting on the Mayhem, I only have the one dome plasma... seems like a pretty solid disc, I wonder if a light proton would still be flippy I guess the key is finding one that's real flat.

Got my mail yesterday, Owlenstein and a 164 N Fireball.. Took the Fireball out yesterday for a quick round, tried a few technique FH.. Found some new parts of the bush I've never seen before. Remembered someone talking about their karate chop FH, I tried a few on a 45 trying to drive it over. I couldn't burn it but some interesting long and straight flights. Might try it on some OH shots and see how that goes. Pretty beefy disc for me in a laughable way...
Old 07-27-2019, 03:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 730 Times in 511 Posts

Hey has anyone tried a new relay with flight numbers? Kind of curious how the recent run has turned out.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:44 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 107 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Hey has anyone tried a new relay with flight numbers? Kind of curious how the recent run has turned out.
Newer Neutron so a bit gummier. The shoulder on most is a bit higher than the earlier PFN runs. Seems to have more glide and a touch more stability out the gate.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Niced 249 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
The new Flare is a beast in that OS fairway slot. It’s essentially a FAF Firebird. If the next run is as stable as the first I may stock up heavily(already bought 3).
I think i sold you the Flare i had. I personally am not a fan of the plastic they use. I feel the grip is slippery . It will mainly be used for forehand so i need something like esp. Just personal preference. Thx tho
Old 07-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
I think i sold you the Flare i had. I personally am not a fan of the plastic they use. I feel the grip is slippery . It will mainly be used for forehand so i need something like esp. Just personal preference. Thx tho
Haha, I had forgotten I bought that from you. Still endorse it lol.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,748 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
anyone organically puddle top their plaz ion
bueller